Just wanted to share my little project...car lamp

Im going to college for industrial design in the fall and i figured i should make something cool over the summer to get ready for whats to come...and i needed a lamp too, so i decided to make one. My dad got a used built 350ci small block chevy for the chevelle for free from a family friend which was not running right. So we inspected it, and 6 lobes on the cam were wiped out, the oil pump was seized, and a host of other problems due to overtightened rockers...anyway, thats where i got the cam.

Basically the cam is bolted to the wood on the bottom, and i tapped the 2 holes on the top to accept the bolts for the top bracket. Then i bent the bracket to hold the lamp fixture i got at bed bath and beyond hahaha which i took apart and just stole the arm and cone piece. Then i wrapped the lamp wires in old ignition wire casings i had from my old wires, and wired it to a "nitrous" switch for effect...

Heres the final product, lemme know what you think!

View attachment 446940

View attachment 446942

• Sponsors (?)

95riosnake said:
looks sweet! A pressure plate would be a cool base instead of the wood...if you could get it to work and have a junk pressure plate layin around.
HAHAHAHA i actually do have a pressure plate form an 11" clutch my dad is not using...wow what a great idea...see, you've been thru ID already so you think outside the box even more than i am now...i cant wait to get to school:nice:

Press. plate or even an old rotor or drum brake.

I would paint the area that is not the lobe and polish the lobes and leave the bearing areas worn. Too mount the switch I would mount it on the top bracket were it angles down on the other side. For the power wire I would cut a reliefe in the back side of the cam and run it down the backside. The coil wire is cool but is too big IMHO for the whole way down. from the switch to the lamp end with two plug boots would clean it up.

Just me and my ideas to add to a cool idea to begin with.

blksn955.o said:
:rlaugh:

at least now he has a lamp he can tell the girls about and ask the they want to "see" the lamp. I hear that car part lamps if touched by drunk wemmins makes there clothes fall off:rlaugh:
precisely why i built it...haha it not like it took a lotta time to make either, just a few hrs...and i can always take it apart and change it...but for now ima keep it as is...

You, are a sick individual. COOL!!!!!!! I like the trash can. A little shout out to Jeg's, Summit and B&M is always a good idea. I still don't think they are gonna give you an awesome discount for flagrantly showing their logo's in your posts, though.

You could use a timing gear for the base. Very mechanical looking. :)

I'm gonna have to try that "wemmins touching car part furniture". That would ROCK! My GF isn't into cars one little bit.

Interesting. :nice:

Have you been hanging out with 5.0 Droptop (I think he's the one who made the well-endowed metal dog)? :D

That lamp is 2 fast and 2 furious!

Make sure you don't blow the floor panel... that way me and the mad doctor won't have to put it back together.

Just playin man, that is pretty sweet and something I wouldn't mind on my desk!

Adam

Black95GTS said:
That lamp is 2 fast and 2 furious!

Make sure you don't blow the floor panel... that way me and the mad doctor won't have to put it back together.

Just playin man, that is pretty sweet and something I wouldn't mind on my desk!

Adam
haha wow that movie is retarted...HAHA my fav quote "this guys running a honda 2000...probably got more than 100 grand under the hood" as said my the ADD kid Jesse in the first one...its just, the wasy he says it, its hilarious...

anyway, back on target, thanks guys for the compliments and suggestions...theres always rooms for improvement:nice: