just won 18K playing blackjack, what would you spend it on?

jbsteven

Sep 4, 2004
I already have a 302 380 HP crate motor with a AOD on the way so I have 18K to spend on the stang. Just put new wheels and tires, stereo and the interior is in perfect shape. Paint is pretty good as well.

I was thinking power front disks and suspension rebuild all around.

any more ideas?

What would you do to YOUR car with 18k?

• Sponsors (?)

If I had 18K to spend on my car I would be ecstatic, because that would mean that my house had been completely gone through, I just built a new garage, I had purchased a good reliable used car (hopefully newer Mustang), and my retirement funds were waay ahead of schedule.

It's hard for me to even picture having that kind of money to spend on a car. I guess if I did I would start paying other people to build my car rather than doing the work myself.

I'd start with a new convertible top. Then, I'd have someone replace all the bent, twisted and rusty metal, along with some chassis reinforcement and a roll bar. Then I'd get a really good paint job. If I had enough money left over I'd have a complete new drivetrain put in the car.

I'd have it all done by next spring, too. :D

allcarfan said:
I can tell you one thing I wouldnt do....

Post up on stangnet asking others what they would do.

I guess you are to high and mighty for that. Aren't public forums for thoughts, ideas and opinions? thanks for sharing

:shrug:

Does it neccasarily have to be spent on a car or can it be car related???

hows your workshop/garage setup?
Do you have that 20 cfm 175 psi 2 stage air compresser you have your eye on?
Hows your tool selection?
Id be looking around for a nice metal laith and milling machine etc.

you almost made it sound like your car is relativily finished and your looking for us to throw ideas out there??

Right now personaly if I had 18k to burn id buy the numbers matching 64.5 stang in the paper for 5k and spent the other 13k shinning her up...

-gbm-

Wow, you must not be married. If you were, it would be more like "I've got an extra $2,000 to spend on my car what should I do? "
Seriously though, I would really think about what you want as a whole before you start buying parts or kits. It sounds like you will have the power so I guess you're on the right track with brakes and susppension.
Have fun

-David