581377_37_full.jpg

581377_38_full.jpg

581377_39_full.jpg

581377_40_full.jpg

581377_36_full.jpg

581377_35_full.jpg

i posted a thread about this, but you guys probly know what your doing sooooooo

in the next month or so i'll be getting ready for painting the mustang,
what i need to know is what am i looking for in a air compressor....

like do i need a min psi like 125 or 150

how big of a gallon tank do i need??? i'm new to air compressors

also anything special as i get a paint gun, gravity feed or just whatever, thanks

i had one but i sold it a while back my grandmother lives in millen i go that ways sometimes maybe in afew weeks or so i dont know? u can come down and hang out and go to the beach if u want. as for the compressor question from the other guy a 2 stage compressor is good with about an 80 gallon tank i just bought one for the house from the home depot a few months ago it was 950$ then u need a oil and water seperator and a good spray gun a satais the best imo. a sata jet 90 is a good buy they are on ebay all the time about a 100$ for a used gun with a 1.4 tip even if the gun is old u can buy a new needle and seat70$ for it and it will be good as new alot less than buying a new 400$ gun. the newest sata is the 3000 they are about 500-600 depending on the model clears and single stage paint like a 1.3 tip on a spray gun. for a bargin buy devilbiss has a gun called the millenium gti it comes with 1.3,1.4, and 1.5 tips so basically three guns in one! it runs about 399.99

RMODEl: looks good, when your done post it on the "Before and after" thread. I had started a "Fox Body Work" thread. I Believe Daggar shut it down, but if he hasnt...put some pics and info on it. Its about 50/50 here when you talk about body work or paint. Who knows you might have the answers needed to help another stanger do the same.

You guys are making me jealous, my car is in progress to be painted but, I cant find a damn place to spray it! Its gonna look stunning once its finally painted. I work 6 days a week at a pool company, and I've been finishing my friends engine bay, so my car gets no attention at all. poor thing. I did my first tri coat color about a month and a half ago to my dad 77 triumph spitfire. I did a volkswagon white base then a light coat of plue pearl and 2 coats of clear and it looks awesome now.

RMODEL65 said:
i had one but i sold it a while back my grandmother lives in millen i go that ways sometimes maybe in afew weeks or so i dont know? u can come down and hang out and go to the beach if u want. as for the compressor question from the other guy a 2 stage compressor is good with about an 80 gallon tank i just bought one for the house from the home depot a few months ago it was 950$ then u need a oil and water seperator and a good spray gun a satais the best imo. a sata jet 90 is a good buy they are on ebay all the time about a 100$ for a used gun with a 1.4 tip even if the gun is old u can buy a new needle and seat70$ for it and it will be good as new alot less than buying a new 400$ gun. the newest sata is the 3000 they are about 500-600 depending on the model clears and single stage paint like a 1.3 tip on a spray gun. for a bargin buy devilbiss has a gun called the millenium gti it comes with 1.3,1.4, and 1.5 tips so basically three guns in one! it runs about 399.99

I know a couple of people in Millen. If u know a guy with a Tangerine 96 GT or a guy with a whipplecharged Silverado, I know those guys. I'd love to come to the beach sometime, but I gotta get this thing to where I can drive it first, ha. Lemme know when u go to Millen.