KB Dyno tonight

I am going to the dyno tonight w/ my newly installed Kenne Bell 6psi nic kit. The only other mods that I have is a CAI and 40s 2 Chamber flows that should affect the hp. I will post the number tomorrow. Also, I have been trying to post some pictures from the my install and lowering, could anyone help me do this. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

mrpositraction said:
I am going to the dyno tonight w/ my newly installed Kenne Bell 6psi nic kit. The only other mods that I have is a CAI and 40s 2 Chamber flows that should affect the hp. I will post the number tomorrow. Also, I have been trying to post some pictures from the my install and lowering, could anyone help me do this. Thanks.

What kinda numbers should we see ya think? 350rwhp or so?

BTW, What injectors and MAF are you running?

Can't wait to see your results and pictures.

I started my installation yesterday. I am on step 60 of 270...I am at the end of the dissasembly process. Now it is time to put the KB on. How hard was the boost a pump install? What about the guages, were those hard to install?

N/A GT's can break into the 12's with a stock engine, a little setup work and working on the driving skills. The 6 psi KB should get him into the 12's around 108-109 in the quarter. I wouldn't call that slow, plus he has all that torque for a daily driver. I alway's thought KB's looked hotter then a Vortech or Novi anyways.

If he wants, he can get a set of streetable cams that will get him another 40-50 hp with that blower and sound hot.

I am trying to lay the ground work(suspension mostly) for a 6 psi KB, hopefully in about a year from now. What are the cam options for the 6 psi kit. Mine is a daily driver, so mild cams would be the option for me. Are the cams custom ground, or just off the shelf. Also, would they work in a n/a car until I got the KB.

Thanks

raykrv6a said:
N/A GT's can break into the 12's with a stock engine, a little setup work and working on the driving skills. The 6 psi KB should get him into the 12's around 108-109 in the quarter. I wouldn't call that slow, plus he has all that torque for a daily driver. I alway's thought KB's looked hotter then a Vortech or Novi anyways.

If he wants, he can get a set of streetable cams that will get him another 40-50 hp with that blower and sound hot.

rpburnette said:
I am trying to lay the ground work(suspension mostly) for a 6 psi KB, hopefully in about a year from now. What are the cam options for the 6 psi kit. Mine is a daily driver, so mild cams would be the option for me. Are the cams custom ground, or just off the shelf. Also, would they work in a n/a car until I got the KB.

Thanks

Couple of links for you. The VT cams seem to work well and the VT guys answer questions on ModularDepot. Depot seems to be more technically slanted then here. Search on VT Stage for cam info at depot. Obviously you can put the cams in before you get blower.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1877

http://www.modulardepot.com/index.php?cPath=23_27_41

Me, I'm going back and forth between ordering a 05 GT or keeping the 04 GT and putting on a KB until the new Cobra comes out. Decisions, decisions.

prsrizdgt said:
What kinda numbers should we see ya think? 350rwhp or so?

BTW, What injectors and MAF are you running?

After talking to Ken at Kenne Bell, he said that I should see around 330 rwhp with my set-up, I am running 36 lb in jectors (whatever came w/ the kit) and stock MAF. If I am unpleased with the number I am going to get the cool air kit, and 7 psi pulley. I will then have to run 93 octane (set for 91 from Kenne Bell at 6 psi) if I decide to run the 7 psi pulley though.

2000 4.6 said:
Can't wait to see your results and pictures.

I started my installation yesterday. I am on step 60 of 270...I am at the end of the dissasembly process. Now it is time to put the KB on. How hard was the boost a pump install? What about the guages, were those hard to install?
Boost-s-pump was a breeze (probably the easiest thing to do) and the gauges were easy, just took a little time running all the hoses and lines. ( I ran them in the drivers side fender and then in the wiring harness for the door, just cut a small slit in the bottom). Good luck and make sure you clean the terminals in the computer really really good. :D

01 GT's + KB = trouble and disappoitment because of the 01 head casting problem. TRUST ME I KNOW!! KB pulls some timing off for the 01 cars because of the slightly higher compression, so expect to be lower then the advertised #'s. Thats the main reason I traded my 01 in on an 04 Cobra.

Dan_Soprano said:
01 GT's + KB = trouble and disappoitment because of the 01 head casting problem. TRUST ME I KNOW!! KB pulls some timing off for the 01 cars because of the slightly higher compression, so expect to be lower then the advertised #'s. Thats the main reason I traded my 01 in on an 04 Cobra.

Did you have any number (Dyno, track times) that you would like to share. They only back the timing a total of 6 deg. only 1 more deg than what they sell with the normal kit (from what I understand), and the higher compression will make up for some of the power lost by retarding the timing. After the install I started running numbers and different combinations. The lowest I could see would be 300 rwhp (that would suck) and the highest I should see would be 345 rwhp. After talking to Ken at Kenne Bell he looked at my chip program and said that I should see around ~330 rwhp, and I could easily move up to 7 psi (even 8 psi w/ out intercooler if I could get high enough octane). If numbers are low, I may look into a different tune and go w/ 11.7:1 or 11.8:1 A/R ratio, mine came with 10.8:1 to 11.2:1 from KB, I think it is a little rich but I would rather have a safe tune that a really lean tune.

mrpositraction said:
Did you have any number (Dyno, track times) that you would like to share. They only back the timing a total of 6 deg. only 1 more deg than what they sell with the normal kit (from what I understand), and the higher compression will make up for some of the power lost by retarding the timing. After the install I started running numbers and different combinations. The lowest I could see would be 300 rwhp (that would suck) and the highest I should see would be 345 rwhp. After talking to Ken at Kenne Bell he looked at my chip program and said that I should see around ~330 rwhp, and I could easily move up to 7 psi (even 8 psi w/ out intercooler if I could get high enough octane). If numbers are low, I may look into a different tune and go w/ 11.7:1 or 11.8:1 A/R ratio, mine came with 10.8:1 to 11.2:1 from KB, I think it is a little rich but I would rather have a safe tune that a really lean tune.
@ 9PSI IC, with normal mode, Flowmasters was 363rwhp, 380rwtq
same boost shootout mode with Magnapacs= 386rwhp, 399rwtq
10 psi, shootout mode, magnapacs = 395rwhp, 419 rwtq.

As you see, the magnapacs made a HUGE difference, but @ 10# I was still not at what other year cars were at with 9# with the regular mode.

p.s. I also had all the options i.e. big tube, 90mm MAF, 70mm TB.

p.s.s. I spent HOURS on the phone and email with Ken, he's the best. He did everything in his power to try to get my #'s up there. the 01 just didn't like boost.

Dan_Soprano said:
@ 9PSI IC, with normal mode, Flowmasters was 363rwhp, 380rwtq
same boost shootout mode with Magnapacs= 386rwhp, 399rwtq
10 psi, shootout mode, magnapacs = 395rwhp, 419 rwtq.

As you see, the magnapacs made a HUGE difference, but @ 10# I was still not at what other year cars were at with 9# with the regular mode.

p.s. I also had all the options i.e. big tube, 90mm MAF, 70mm TB.

p.s.s. I spent HOURS on the phone and email with Ken, he's the best. He did everything in his power to try to get my #'s up there. the 01 just didn't like boost.

How much hp would you attribute to the Bid tube kit, 90mm MAF, and 70mm TB, this is what I plan to do if number are low.

mrpositraction said:

How does it feel on the street? Let us know what kind of numbers you get.

Dan_Soprano said:

Are the 01's the only ones with head casting problems? How about the 02's-04's? Same issue with boost?