KB GT people

• Sponsors (?)

Blue Blurr said:
are you in the army? thasts pretty cool that ur doing this stuff while ur in the army you must have the coolest car over there, if that is u are in teh army
How'd I miss this?
No, not in the Army. I'm retired US Air Force (26 years) and now GS civil service employee stationed in Korea. I've been in Asia a long time however, and have done 100% of my mods myself AND over here. US Postal is great although the KB had to come FEDEX. And or military bases have great auto hobby shops. This pic is when I was installing the KB at the Osan Air Base, Korea auto shop... my second home.

work_stall-1.jpg

Just a little non-cooled 6psi kit here. Running 4:10s in the a$$, so didn't want the huge #. But I got the polished kit...along with the fully polished Team Breed Cam Covers...and a Steeda CAI...since the install...the car has won "Best in Class '99-'04", and "Best Engine - runner up" at two different shows. The engine compartment looks like a freakin jewerly store! (don't know how to post a pic though:(

340 rwhp - like someone took a ruler and drew a perfectly straight 45 degree line on the page...not a blip...would've kept going up if it wasn't for the redline.
rwtq was 280 at 1200 rpms...did a beautiful arc...peaked at 320 @ 4000rpms...and was back down do 280 @ 5800

A/F was 12.0...on a rail.

Baseline on the stock motor with only a Basanni catted X and Borla cat back was 225...so we gained 115 at the wheels.

I had a custom SCT tune from the Steeda.ca boys in Toronto...they did an awesome job (did the install too)...if some of you folks got DiabloSport chips with your kits...my kit came with an SCT chip (delivered in early July). I believe KB has switched to SCT...and I believe the boys at Steeda.ca had something to do with KB's decision.

I would suggest that those who haven't had their cars on a dyno...do it now...just to make sure the A/F is at a safe level...regardless of the rwhp...safety should be the first priority. Not to mention, a good tuner can get those hp #'s up there safely.

Different dynos, climates, altitudes...will give different results...so whether you're 375 with a 9psi kit, or 405...I wouldn't be upset.

KB's test car got 242 rwhp stock with a catback...which is huge considering the fwhp is 260...we actually gained more hp on mine...although we didn't get as big a # at the end of the day...cause we started with 17 less on the baseline.

Lovin my ride with the KB...it has totally transformed the car...and the beautiful whine when she goes north of 3000rpms is worth the price of admission alone! Not to mention when you get on it...it feels like your head is getting ripped off in one direction, while your pants are being ripped off simultaneously in the other direction. And yet...she sounds stock at idle..and when you're gently going through the gears...my 63 year old Mother could easily drive this car..mind you..she could just as easliy crash the thing if she surprised herself (not letting Mom touch the car BTW). And she's a show-shocker when I pop the hood. I'm really pleased with the results!

I know a lot of people name their rides..and throughout the last 4 years of mods (exhaust, susp, interior, wheels/tires etc) I've never felt compelled. But upon ordering my kit...anticipating the performance, the reaction of onlookers when I pop the hood (especially those with centrifugal set ups)...and the look on the wife's face when she found out what the bill was...I decided to give the car a name....."Project WTF"

Cheers

Tim