keep the emblems?

badazz68stang

Mar 28, 2006
my coupe is almost ready to go into the paint shop and ive been thinkin about deleting the emblems. Im going for that clean smooth look. ANy body have suggestions of what to keep and waht to get rid off and with pics? Oh and being a 68 it has the front and rear marker lights as well.

• Sponsors (?)

I say delete all the emblems:
FORD (on the hood)
MUSTANG (on the trunk)
V8/289 emblem
side Mustang script

Some other items for consideration, that help to clean up the lines:
Remove and fill Antenna hole
Remove and smooth Rocker Panel
Remove and fill Side Markers (on 68)

Then remove the Horse and Coral from the grill.

Just some ideas.

Tim

I'm in a similar situation with my '65 Coupe. It's a personal choice but I've decided to loose the following:
FORD (on the hood, new fiberglass)
V8/289 emblem
side Mustang script
Side Mustang running horses
Remove and fill Antenna hole

sideview.jpg

removed antenna (relocated remote antenna to top of rear qtr)
289 emblems gone
small horse and mustang removed from fender
rocker molding in the trash
chrome trim removed form rear quarters
bumper guards removed front and rear
horse and corral removed from grill

Attachments

• sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 65
On my '66 I had these removed on mine to help clean it up.
Antenna (just listen to cd's in the car)
FORD on hood
Badges on fenders
C scoop trim
Rear bumper guards
Hood molding at top of grille

I put these back on because it just seemed too empty for me.
Front bumper guards
Rocker panel trim

I like the '65 grille better than the '66. Cleaner look.

I also replaced the gas cap for a '73 model, and changed the '65 grille from the Corral + Wings to just a horse.

66-01GT14resized.jpg

DSCF0081resized.jpg

0006.jpg

Attachments

• 66-01GT14resized.jpg
    66-01GT14resized.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF0081resized.jpg
    DSCF0081resized.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 53
Here's what I did in my '65, will post pics later:

remove FORD from the hood
removed front and rear bumper gaurds (need to fill in holes)
removed MUSTANG emblem on the side
removed antenna (need to fill in hole)

Since you have a '68, I would remove MUSTANG from the trunk lid too, I've never really liked that. I'm not a huge fan of removing all emblems/trim, but some of these cars are looking pretty good.

Depends on personal preference and more importantly the "look" that you are going for IMHO..
I deleted all of my emblems,lettering (interior and exterior)and shaved the antenna as I was going for a Pro Touring look. Easy choice for me as I never have liked any stickers decals or clutter. I like the CLEAN look :nice:
If you are going to keep the wheels/interior etc original I would think that the emblems should stay...
Scott

I thought it was a good idea until I saw these pics: they just don't look right without some emblems...but to each his own.
302 coupe: your door hinges are in sad shape or you need to shim the back of your frt. fenders.:SNSign:

Well.... I LOVE the emblems... I've got a Mustang tattoo, though... In any case, if you're going for clean, I've got a great suggestion for you. pull the door handles, and the trunk button as well. Put pop solenoids on the doors and trunk, and have a little remote for getting into your car. You're gonna have to put remote locks in it, too. It looks really sweet, and people will see it and think "wow, that is beautiful." Keep the grill, though. Put the corral, wth the crosshair, from the '65 though. That's my favorite grill!