Keyless entry keypad installed

partsbill

Jul 27, 2006
Lake Worth, FL
I just installed the keyless entry keypad on my car, I wanted to conceal it so that it wouldn't be seen, it should be great for the days I go to the beach and want to leave the keys in the car.
PA070023.jpg
[/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

I got one from my dealer for $75. Real easy to set up. It comes with an extra face plate so you can paint it body color. The other face plate is black.
I am wondering how much a body shop will charge me to paint the face plate. I am almost scared to ask.

My body shop just told me that it would cost $100 to have the cover painted. I am not surprised. I may have the California Special front fascia installed next year. He quoted me a price of $250 to paint and install it. He said he would do the cover then at no cost.

I just put mine on the driver's side door, above the door handle. I think it looks fine. I believe it would look better painted body color, but that will have to wait at $100.

Not hard to reach for myself, nor my wife (5'4") and it's out of the way and blends in fairly well IMO....then again i'm lucky to use mine a couple times a week...usually have the key fob on me, for what that's worth.

That is James Bond V12 Vanquish Awesome Guys. :hail2:

amd021098.jpg

I am having this vision of a Stangnet competition of who can conceal their keyless entry pad in the most obscure location.