King Cobra gona hold?

• Sponsors (?)

I don' think so. My King Cobra had some problems after a while with my h/c/i combo. It was a great clutch though for a daily driver with some more power. I have a CF Stage II right now...no slippage problems and I'm sure it could take a shot:)

5spd GT said:
I don' think so. My King Cobra had some problems after a while with my h/c/i combo. It was a great clutch though for a daily driver with some more power. I have a CF Stage II right now...no slippage problems and I'm sure it could take a shot:)

Yeah I think Im gona look around probaly gona get either a centerforce stage 2 or a spec stage 3. Yeah I didnt think it was gona hold I think It might be having problems now with holding thanks for the info.

Black 93 Fox

As long as you're not dumping it hard on slicks, it should last. I ran a 100 shot with h/c/i on my 302 with a fms hd clutch. I had it for 5 years/50k miles. Only reason I replaced it was because I bought a tremec tko. If you need to step up to a good clutch w/o any hard hitting issues, look into the clutch I have. Mcleod DF with a modified/blueprinted fms hd press plate by promotion. Pedal pressure is about the same as a king cobra.

Grn92LX said:
As long as you're not dumping it hard on slicks, it should last. I ran a 100 shot with h/c/i on my 302 with a fms hd clutch. I had it for 5 years/50k miles. Only reason I replaced it was because I bought a tremec tko. If you need to step up to a good clutch w/o any hard hitting issues, look into the clutch I have. Mcleod DF with a modified/blueprinted fms hd press plate by promotion. Pedal pressure is about the same as a king cobra.

Yeah Slicks are probaly another year away. I still have the stock rear end except for 3:73's so slicks are a no no lol. I think Im gona run this clutch for now and see how long it last's then order a new stronger one.

if your clutch is not giving you any problems at this time, best thing to do stay with it until it breaks. If you are putting the 100shot NOS, wait and see how the clutch is going to hold before you replaced and use the $300++++ that the centerfoce is going to cost you for some other mods.

I think I paid 270ish for my CF clutch. I wouldn't get a Spec Stage III. That would be overkill and will kill your tranny. Good Luck with your choice:nice:

Grn92lx - You only shot your "shot" 3 times though right...?