late night driving

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
my parents were out of town for the night till the next mornring. my g.f. leaves tom. morning to go to the beach with her friend for a week and im goin out of town for a while yadda yadda wont see each other for 2 weeks. i stayed with her and her friend at her friends house, shes spendin the night there till 2.00am then came home and checked some junk then went out and drove from 2.15am to 4.15 am. man is this fun. 80 miles i racked up. ended up going 120 on this long stretch of bridge, no real speeding other than that. call me retarded, im just not gonna care. how many others here go driving late when no ones out on the roads?

• Sponsors (?)

I would take late night drives after leaving my girlfriend's house all the time. We lived about 20 miles apart and I always ended up taking a long detour home. Now I like to go out about an hour before sunset, during summer months, and weekend mornings around 9 o'clock. Not the same though because there's alot more people out.

In my youth, I made many pre-dawn flogs. Great time to be out (if you're a night owl) and the cars run well in the cooler air.

lol, just got back from a little drive 5:55 am. My lease runs out at the end of the month so I was out scoping new apartments. Found one with a real nice parking garage with a gate and the price seems fair too... Hmm... I hope the actual apartment isnt crap... I'll have to wait till the office opens up so I can get a tour :rolleyes:

i use to go out all the time with my car and take night time drives... between 10:30pm and 1am... when i lived in FL...... up and down 436 heading torward winterpark... sometime with friends just BSing or out by my self... letting the stress out and listening to my exhaust and music... thats just me i love to drive my car every chance i get... but i never beat on it... i hardly ever go over 4k

I used to go out and kill hopless animals with my camaro when i was like 18-19 it used to fell nice to go on a 40 mile cruise through the mountains at 2am and smoke some possums along the way..

Jaswir said:
i use to go out all the time with my car and take night time drives... between 10:30pm and 1am... when i lived in FL...... up and down 436 heading torward winterpark... sometime with friends just BSing or out by my self... letting the stress out and listening to my exhaust and music... thats just me i love to drive my car every chance i get... but i never beat on it... i hardly ever go over 4k

I hear ya, whenever i got **** from a g/f or parents, or just feel like ****, I go out for a drive.....more like a "spirited drive" for those really stressful drives....Latest ive been out was 2:00am but prob will change soon :rolleyes:
Ive been out for like 2 1/2 hours though, just went exploring i guess u could say, went places ive never been before.......just feels good to turn up the radio, roll down the windows, and Cruuzzzeee:D .....n get the **** out of ur head.....then u get depressed again after you realize how much gas you just wasted :mad:

I was gunna respond to this thread 2 minutes after you posted it. i had just got back from a drive, i was just too tired to type. Late night drives, early morn drives, even mid day drives are all the medicine i need. if your stress out or just need some alone time, the mustang always seems to drive just right and feel great.

In one night my friends and i in 2 cars with 11 ppl drove 7 hours, at once. We went all over ATL down to macon, then back to doraville then back near towards Stone mountain, towards decatur. We got back at 6 am, slept in the car in a parking lot and got awoken by cops the next morning, saying they were arresting us for loitering/prowling, Don't u have to be awake to prowl??
and if u know the atl area, that is a LOT of driving.

havent really intentionally been out late. but me and my girlfriend go to the late shows at a theater 30 mile away. one night i got home at 2:30. got backl from a vacation once and had to drive home at 4:30

some days like on Sat i just cruise main street, up and down and back and forth, usually i will run into someone to talk to.

i love just the cruising nights, where you just ride around and chill....

I don't really like late night driving. There is nobody on the roads except me, shady characters and cops. I'm too afraid to punch the gas because it's quiet out and cops can hear me coming. Plus there are drunks everywhere

I prefer driving at night but around 10-midnight. It's more fun as there are carloads of people my age out driving around and i can usually get their attention somehow and they want to play.