Light Bar vs. Roll Bar

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]Pics :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Get the light bar & the roll bar. I put a 6 point in my Saleen vert. After you get the light bar make sure you get the wind screen. It helps cut down on the wind and noise. It's works great and looks good too.

http://www.grounddesigns2000.com/ Go there and click on Black Widow on the top left of screen and then click on mustang then click on cobra!!! They will show you the roll bar and tonneau cover. The tonneau might be a little too much but design of the roll bar I personally love and the nice chrome finish and you might be able to pass it as a 4 pt roll cage :nice: I think they only want like $400 for it. Have to e-mail and ask if you are interested!

lethalstang said:
Personally, Since a Mustang is a Muscle Car, you want to try to make it look as "hard" as possible. A light bar will make it look cool, but a roll bar makes it look more manlier. I got a roll bar for my baby, and damn do I get attention.

That's exactly what i thought as I was reading through this post. A light bar looks kind of :taco:. Are they functional at all? they look like they would shatter under a roll. But I would like to get something for my convertible

k5zx said:
That's exactly what i thought as I was reading through this post. A light bar looks kind of :taco:. Are they functional at all? they look like they would shatter under a roll. But I would like to get something for my convertible
Good thread ressurection :nice:

Light bars are just show only though. In my opinion, i think they make a vert look worse

(drunk)

k5zx said:
great additional information for this 3 year old thread :nice:
my lightbar thinks you look kind of :taco:!

leg and rear passenger space with roll bar; 5th gen pix

I'm a new owner and wanted some roll bars. I had a near head on collision with a drunk doing over 70 lat month (his pickup traveled a thousand feet on one front wheel *after* hitting me). The the ttop shattered into nothing and the the side looked like a crushed beer can. The mustang is alot safer (I was driving a foreign 2 seater) but I would kind of like the bar. So far I can't find any pics of an 05/06 with a roll bar. Anyhow I was doing research on roll/light bars when I found this old thread that was relevant.I wonder how much leg space I would lose with a roll bar and if I could even fit people in the back with one-

Light bar and roll bars are two completely different animals. Personally I went for the light bar. It's not for rollovers but instead it's stylish, sexy and sets your vert out from the other hundreds of mustangs you see on the road each day. A vert is a chick magnet. It's a lover not a fighter. Sure, it's a Mustang and has to perform to a degree but it's not what I would buy for a fast track car. It I were to go that route I would get a coupe and a roll bar.

Eventhough I won't buy a roll bar or run at the track fast enough to be required to use one... I will be a mean ass topless stang from light to light... The only ":taco:" about my car is this weeks flavor in the passenger seat... :nice:

tomustang said:
In my opinion, i think they make a vert look worse

:nice: Agreed. My 'vert will never have a lightbar installed, ruins the look of the car with the top down.

Found this photo on the 'net of a convertible with an actual roll bar. Sorry for the low quality and size, only one I could find:

mustconv1.jpg

Attachments

• mustconv1.jpg
    mustconv1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 60
MineralMan said:
:nice: Agreed. My 'vert will never have a lightbar installed, ruins the look of the car with the top down.

Found this photo on the 'net of a convertible with an actual roll bar. Sorry for the low quality and size, only one I could find:

mustconv1.jpg

Your car is one of the few that I personally think look good without one. (That's your car in the sig right? And it's updated in the Avatar with stripes?)

Let me ask you... is your car dropped? And if so is the Cobra R front facia a lot lower than the stock and do you have problems? I'm sorry about going a little off topic... I'm thinking about buying a Cobra R body kit but worry about the scraping with my 1-3/4" drop. I may have to go a Saleen style. That's my winter project. In the next month I'll be installing my KB SC. :D

Attachments

• mustconv1.jpg
    mustconv1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 60
MineralMan said:

mustconv1.jpg
Killercanary, from the 94-95 section has a nice GT with a roll bar in it.

Click for pics http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/killercanary/

Attachments

• mustconv1.jpg
    mustconv1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 84
Thanks TOMUSTANG. :nice:

A vert is a chick magnet. It's a lover not a fighter. Sure, it's a Mustang and has to perform to a degree but it's not what I would buy for a fast track car. It I were to go that route I would get a coupe and a roll bar.

I disagree, I'd rather have a car that is draws in the ladies but can also knock your teeth out if you decide to step up! LOL! But that's just me, I like to be different. :D

My bar is not NHRA legal, but it will soon be replaced with one that is. I love the fact that I have a quick 'vert that most would underestimate. The roll bar does give a hint that it packs a little more of a punch than normal, but I like that about it. There are MANY bars I have seen that I do not like, but there are a few that look increadible IMO.

Here's a few pics of my car with the top down so you can see the 4pt bar...

22569.jpg

31797.jpg

22897.jpg

If i had bought the GT convertible i had wanted, the first mod would have been a light bar.

I love how it looks.

But nope. i got a coupe and now that Summer is here i feel closed in :(

usually light bars are mostly for looks and arent going to help you like a roll bar does during a roll-over/crash. then again, usually rollbars dont look good unless done right, but theyll more than likely save your ass or give you better chances than a toothpick with pretty lights.