List of things Needed For GT40P swap! (all gt40p owners come in!!!)

• Sponsors (?)

you dont need p-specific headers. #7 is tight and you will need a 90deg boot, that is it. run a fiberglass heat boot there.

search 95 snoozer. He made 295 rwhp with gt40p heads/typhoon intake/ comp? cam...i would copy his combo!

also get a new oil pump. and driveshaft, for the $30 or so dollars you will be happy not to have to worry about changing a pump....(if you have done one IN-CAR then you know what im talking about) you dont need a highflow one...just a regular one.

forget rod bolts and waterpump.....the bolts are the least of your worries when something lets go. Also, replace the waterpump when its time....i still have my origional one running strong....ford makes a good waterpump.

i tried using the explorer throttlebody, and while it is physically bigger being 65mm, it wont fit right in, and required welding, etc....i ended up taking it off because i wanted cruise control and eventually bought a aftermarket 70.

oh, and emmissions....

My car has gt40p's, crane 2031 cam, typhoon intake and a Twin turbo setup...42lb injectors

I had NO egr, and no thermactor setup at all, just the smog pump directly pumping into the stock 4-cat h-pipe, and it passed fine......and it passed before when i was n/a....and we have the dyno test!

That is the least of your concerns....those p heads were originally designed because of tightening emissions!

damn guys ... this is helping me out so much... this is a great swap i dont know y more people are not doing it.... lol isnt that like 100whp over stock... maybe the emmisions concern i was reading about was about foxes

you dont need p-specific headers. #7 is tight and you will need a 90deg boot, that is it. run a fiberglass heat boot there.

search 95 snoozer. He made 295 rwhp with gt40p heads/typhoon intake/ comp? cam...i would copy his combo!

also get a new oil pump. and driveshaft, for the $30 or so dollars you will be happy not to have to worry about changing a pump....(if you have done one IN-CAR then you know what im talking about) you dont need a highflow one...just a regular one.

forget rod bolts and waterpump.....the bolts are the least of your worries when something lets go. Also, replace the waterpump when its time....i still have my origional one running strong....ford makes a good waterpump.

i tried using the explorer throttlebody, and while it is physically bigger being 65mm, it wont fit right in, and required welding, etc....i ended up taking it off because i wanted cruise control and eventually bought a aftermarket 70.
Cruise controll is nice... 295rwhp is sick.... where do i buy the boots and can i just cut my curent FMS wires... i know they are extra long....:nice:

fcam will work pretty good. my cam is similar (i think).

the accell wires Kyle's talking about is a universal kit that you have to make yourself (really just cutting each wire to length and attaching the boots to the end).

i'm also running the throttle body that came w/ the explorer--thought we had to modify it and mount it on it's side.

Found it Comp XE270HR ... do you think ill need to tune with this cam??? or will i be ok and safe running untuned and will i have any clearence issues or problems with the stock internals... as of right now this swap is set to happen in like 2 weeks... so i really gotta get cracking on this... lol

Specs:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA-35-351-8&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA-35-324-8&autoview=sku

Will i still make good power with an e or f 303 cam... im just trying to figure out what will be best in a daily driver... and work good with our stock computer...

i want the
XE270HR-14

right thats for stock rockers????

if i cant fine one what is my back up f303??? or e303???

i have to stick to plan and not go blow $$$ on a 306 LOL....

But seriously what kinda times am i looking at??? mid 13's???

because thats all i can do without a roll bar anyway

thanks ive been looking it over alot of people are using the stock cam.... i guess thats another option i really didnt think of... but im sure an F cam or something would be better.... hmmmm thanks for the help though