little things that you cant stand...

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
After reading countless threads I noticed many people love to call the powerplant under their hood their "motor". ITS AN ENGINE!
Main difference....
Motor: electric
Engine: fuel

Anothe thing... Its RPM (revolutions per MINUTE), not RPM'S (revolutions per MINUTESSSSSS) I've never seen an engine that can idle at 800 revolutions per minutes...

Thoes are just a few things I've seen many times of the forums that I've noticed. Anyone have any else?

• Sponsors (?)

So a motor vehicle is an electric car? And the motor vehicle code only regulates electric cars? And a motor home is powered by electricity? And a motorboat is battery powered?

OK OK, point made. Motor is a general term that refers to either a gas or electric unit. Check Websters if you don't believe me.

Webster's Dictionary Online said:
Main Entry: 1mo·tor
Pronunciation: 'mO-t&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from movEre to move
1 : one that imparts motion; specifically : PRIME MOVER
2 : any of various power units that develop energy or impart motion: as a : a small compact engine b : INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE; especially : a gasoline engine c : a rotating machine that transforms electrical energy into mechanical energy
3 : MOTOR VEHICLE; especially : AUTOMOBILE

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=motor&x=0&y=0

I guess one little thing that bugs me is misguided posts. :D

S/CBlack95GT said:
1105 I hear ya!!

There may not be anything "technically" wrong with calling an engine a motor, but most people differentiate the two in the way you stated.

Your electric razor has a motor and your car has an engine.
thank you. my point exactly

I agree as well. I had a short stint as a car salesman a while back while taking a small break from the army. I heard one of my fellow sales people telling an older couple that the "motor" in a car was very efficient.....

the way she said it urked me. She knew nothing about the engine at all, she basically had no knowledge of the vehicle, just trying to scam a couple out of their money. Luckily, it didn't work

It's an engine, a powerplant, a mill, the word motor sounds like something a kid would say

I also am bugged by people that call the rubber on our wheels..."the wheels" Tires are tires, wheels are wheels. Difference.
(these are normally people that know not much about cars, but still....)

People that call my tailpipes "mufflers"

there's more, i know there is....

Also...I came to a realization. I am annoyed by morons who feel the urge to say rip'em up, whenever I leave a parking lot, traffic light, or even my own freaking driveway. PAY FOR MY TIRES YOU MORON!

I have to stop now, or else I'll have to take a pill or something....

Stangfreak95 said:
Fawkers driving in front of me that throw their cigarette butts out the window. Man this pisses me off and so many people do it.

That's a criminal offense here in Florida. It is a misdemeanor and you can go to jail for it or just get a criminal citation(notice to appear). Most driver's freak when they get told that, but a lot of forest fires get started by tossed cigs.

Fawkers driving in front of me that throw their cigarette butts out the window. Man this pisses me off and so many people do it.

Everytime someone does that I just feel like pulling them from their car and ramming their face into my knee. Maybe not the best solution but man I want to soooo bad :bang:

Maybe they don't realize they're tossing a big FüCK YOU out their window.

Oh. . . one more thing

mo·tor Audio pronunciation of "motor" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mtr)
n.

1. Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion.
2. A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.
3. A motor vehicle, especially an automobile: “It was a night of lovers. All along the highway... motors were parked and dim figures were clasped in revery” (Sinclair Lewis).

adj.

1. Causing or producing motion: motor power.
2. Driven by or having a motor.
3. Of or for motors or motor vehicles: motor oil.
4. Of, relating to, or designating nerves that carry impulses from the nerve centers to the muscles.
5. Involving or relating to movements of the muscles: motor coordination; a motor reflex.

The cigaratte thing bugs me too... but whats worse is when you just spent all day cleaning your car and your on a highway when the car infront of you uses their windshield cleaner and you get all this splatter everywhere on your car. It'd be more courteous to do it somewhere when your not traveling 50+ mph. I got so mad once that I sped up to get infront of the car that just did this to me, and I completely wasted all the fluid I had in my car... I think they got the idea, lol. I don't mean to sound like an *******... but it just irked me so bad.

The last thing is when someone always cuts me off or pulls out in front of me very very quick and doesn't even use a signal. Especially if they are out of state.

How about the, "oh it's a stick.......................can you drive a stick?" No fuccing pushed the damn thing all the way here :rolleyes:

Oh yea I always heard, Engine=Gas, or fuel type Motor=Electric

I'll think of more, it'll come :p

BIRDS.. they love to crap on your car RIGHT after you wash it, but then save it all up till you wash it again. Or when it rains...

I hate people in hondas and other slow cars that give stupid excuses when you blow their doors in...

OO i also hate cops on power trips. I suggest everyone carry a local state law book. THEY HATE THAT. You can follow along in the law book while they try to give you a ticket, usually they give up!

wtf is up w/ calling a manual transmission "standard?"

"oh, is your car standard?"

i know manual trannies may be *standard options, but that doesn't mean it's called "standard."

it's a MANUAL cause you have to switch gears MANUALLY!

oh yeah, that "your" instead of "you're" / "there/their" $hit pisses me off, too. didn't people learn that like in 2nd grade??? FOK.

DODGE's

I have a personal theory about the brand and the type of people who buy them. 9 out of 10 autos you see smoking big amounts of blue smoke at any rpm(s :D ) are dodges. 9 out of 10 autos that are driving with someones head up their arse are dodges. 9 out of 10 autos that swerve across 3 or more lanes of traffic to get to an exit almost hitting 4 or more autos is a dodge. 9 out of 10 autos that do not signal to turn, or make a lane change are dodge. 9 out of 10 autos that are driving far to slow and swerving all over the road are dodges. the other auto...a mini van of any make. Some greater than avg. amount even does several of these at one time.

I made a point of simply avoiding the lane with the dodge or mini van in it (or the lane that had the most of these autos in them) and cut over 10 min. on avg. out of my travel time to work 10min. on avg. I think that ram emblem has some sort of ID-10-T signal that draws people to them.