local member has his 07 gt500

• Sponsors (?)

ts1lmayb said:
??

you can't just swap lower and upper S/C pulleys on this one.. and the S/C belt runs behind the accessory belt.. and the upper pulley is already .2 away from being the smallest pulley you can install on it.

makes good power.. but won't be EASY at all to make more...

hell it already comes with an X-pipe.. ahha

Car looks awesome.. except for the color.. damn... I wish they would have stretched the "SHELBY" across the entire rear of the car like the concept car and maybe a different hood (more like a 60's shelbly instead of an 03/04 Cobra)

:D

:eek: They run the SC belt BEHIND the regular one? How retarded is that???????? I can see the not wnating to have the SC on the same belt, but geeze, thats just going to cause problems, and I would think it may promote belt slip verses haveing it all on one belt, but i dont know.

But the thing thats in its favor are those heads...those are the darn GT heads. AKA remade 2000 cobra R heads...INSANE. Ported they will BLOW AWAY 03-04 cobra DOHC heads, these bad boys can flow 370+CFM when ported nicely.

Although that roots style blower isnt going to be a great power maker IMO...needs a whipple or KB to really scare me. Ill have it by 500+#s, and ill hook up better.

speedfreak98r said:
UGLY color..Possibly the ugliest stang color EVER.

Sorry, the UGLIEST STANG COLOR EVER title has been reserved for the 99 Sunburst Gold color. :notnice:

I dont care how heavy it is, its a nice special production car, what it was intended for. Different people buy them for different reasons. No reason to bash the 05+.... The IIs I can understand though ;)

streetstang03 said:
it needs a diet.

Agreed with that ... way too heavy.

Personally I like the powerplant. Check the threads ... if they aren't lost and on SN there were a lot of people clammering for a 5.4L motor in the mustang. Well you got it .... with a blower on top. May not like the package but it's the thought that counts.

Lose some weight and I'll take the same hp rating in 3 years. :nice: Addition by reduction!!

The car's styling is ugly. The powerplant is great. I'm just not going to pay for a car i feel is ugly no matter how fast it is. There are 10 second civics it doesnt make me want them anymore.

FivePointStang said:
Sorry, the UGLIEST STANG COLOR EVER title has been reserved for the 99 Sunburst Gold color. :notnice:

+1 :notnice:

I like the color at least it is something diffrent, i like colors that stand out! The GT500 is a BAD ASS car, thats like the best powerplant you could dream about, and people complain about. Your all jealous cause you know just like a Cobra R or something you are never going to own one! It is a sad day when MUSTANG owners complain about a 500hp cobra WTF?

The car is bad ass, reguardless of color or not. I like it, its different than anything else on the road.

500hp and around the same in tq, bone stock, with a warrenty, for under 50k (well, some places... depends on markup I guess). HOW can you complain about that? Yeah, maybe its a little bit fat, but I wont complain one damn bit about that with all I would be getting with that car. It CAN lose weight.

I cannot wait untill some crazy bastard buys some aftermarket parts for one of them and makes some insane power numbers.

I dont really care if a Vette will outrun it around a roadcourse either, at least every Joe or Bob in the neighborhood wont own one.

Alot of people seem to treat the 05+'s like the bastard child of Mustangs. I dont really see why...:shrug:

They are really nice cars, done right from the factory. GT-500 being no exception.

the GT500 can go on a diet with lightweight replacement parts like UCA/LCAs/tubular engine cradle/etc. the SAME STUFF people have been doing to mustangs for YEARS!!!

But you will have to spend alot to dro the weight of that iron 5.4 with SC. That stuff is HEAVY...the T 56 is heavy also. The thing doest even have a spare tire. Its probably pretty beefed up on the frame/body also....its just a heavy car and will never hook up right due to that heavy front end.

hot 331 mantions the one thing no other mustang can match FORD GT HEADS

3700lb 03-04 with ~370rwhp stock = 10lb/hp
4000lb 07 gt500 with ~400rwhp stock = 10lb/hp

my doctor Dr.MacCarone here in clarksville sent his 04 cobra for everything it took for 525rwhp. very fast.

what does a gt500 need ? whipple,1 3/4",cams, longtubes,catback,tuner, nothing else. just look at what a FORD GT needs and duplicate it.

IT IS THE SAME MOTOR !!!!!!(minus a few details)

ask yourself what it would take to get to 1350hp?

the list plus porting. what about TT 1500hp. lets get real. 4.6 4v is a small toy compared to 5.4 4v. i'm always open to change including putting 4.6 4v in mine, but i have no illusions about who is king. and what cylinder heads are king. and what block can handle hp.

of course the iron block gt500 can't take 1500hp(1250 is the limit). but there are 5.4 blocks that can.

I bet just a whipple on that GT500 will allow some people to lay down well over 600RWHP...maybe even 700RWHP.

I saw where a whipple 03 cobra layed down like 589RWHP @ just 15PSI...18* timing, and like a 12-1 AF. A little on the dangerous side, but impresssive nontheless. GT500's motor will put that to shame with the same mods :nice: .

I think our real only saving grace with this car, is that

A. it comes with like 20 inch wheels (HEAVY, and no hook)
B. The nose is super heavy and that should hurt the traction even more.
C. Its going to be much more difficult to change pulleys.
D. Supposedly you cant pully it THAT much due to lack a room.
E. Older rich peeps will be buying them(for memories or whatnot), and most lilely will be more like the vettes and ford GTs...should mean that there should be less heavily modded ones running around.

Almost any punk can get ahold of an 03-04 cobra, so there are a ton of fast ones....Im 20 and can easily afford one if I sold my GT. I could have bought one brand new. I have been paying 800 a month on my GT since about 3-4 months after I bought it in 04, before anyone says otherwise.

I Just dont get why they didnt just shove atleast a 305 under there :shrug: . Could be the fact that people like Jay leno do not like wide rear tires, and pretty much like an even look. Im sure there are alot of people like that in cali.

i have read in numerous rumor mills that a 4v 5.4 is being considered N/A for here and aussieland to compete with the 6.0l LS. chevy is rumored to use the LSX block and 330cfm LS heads for the camaro... if it happens.

if they do the camaro with 6L and those heads forget touching it. ford needs to respond.

the rumor was started in aussieland stating ford may try to respond to the 6.1L hemi-charger and 6.0L camaro.

they have dropped the ball with the F-150 5.4 3v, so they may drop it once again.

billfisher said:
i have read in numerous rumor mills that a 4v 5.4 is being considered N/A for here and aussieland to compete with the 6.0l LS. chevy is rumored to use the LSX block and 330cfm LS heads for the camaro... if it happens.

if they do the camaro with 6L and those heads forget touching it. ford needs to respond.

the rumor was started in aussieland stating ford may try to respond to the 6.1L hemi-charger and 6.0L camaro.

they have dropped the ball with the F-150 5.4 3v, so they may drop it once again.

Yeah Ford needs to wake up. Were stuck with lame 4.6's. I dont think the 3v's are going to have a big aftermarket, and what aftermarket there is its gonna be expensive.

Chevy and CryCo are shoving big engines under their new mucsle cars, standard. Dont see why Ford cant do that without having to consult SVT or Saleen and tagging the price up.