Longtubes Or Not?

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
I know it seems like a common sense question but i have gotten mixed opinions. Some claim a massive loss of torque? Here is the new setup: MMR 4.75, Stage1 head port job, MMR stage 2 cams, Tork Tech IC kit with a ported eaton. What do u guys think? Longtubes or not?

• Sponsors (?)

I have never heard of people losing low and mid range torque with long tubes. The only exception would be idiots who buy headers with a primary diameter that is far to big for your motor. What's more, in terms of tuning using the length of the intake/exhaust primaries, a long tube will promote more low and mid range torque to start with. The stock shorty headers are tuned for somewhere around F1 rev ranges.

PITA to install but not impossible. I say go for it. Use factory style gaskets and torque bolts properly. The only down fall is the install, I did it about a month ago and took 14 hrs. I took my time and cleaned stuff as I went though.

Thats what i thought...i kinda looked at the guy like he didnt know what he was talking about BUT he wass driving a 10 sec termi!

probably doesnt want to lose to a 2v. :rolleyes:

Na, he probably bought it built already, or had it built for him. He wouldn't be the first guy I've seen with a fast car that didn't know his ass, from his elbow when the hood opened. :D

Na, he probably bought it built already, or had it built for him. He wouldn't be the first guy I've seen with a fast car that didn't know his ass, from his elbow when the hood opened. :D

I think you guys are both wrong. His termi runs 10's BECAUSE it's running the stock manifolds. Can you imagine all the extra TQ it's running?!!!