LT tube header install how to?

• Sponsors (?)

what exactly dont u understand??
basicly what u see is what u get

wd-40 and maybe throw alittle heat at the old header bolts (careful there rusty and dont want one snappin in ur head)
undo and redo

Not too bad. I did it in my driveway with the help of some friends. First take off the intermediate pipe. If its the original its going to be a pain so absolutely soak the bolts and studs in PB Blaster the night before. After that loosen the old exhaust manifold bolts. Lift old exhaust manifolds out. Now undo the starter, but you can just leave it hanging in there. This is where it gets interesting. If you can a convertible it might be a pain. Mine was (I have BBKs BTW). With the lower x brace I had to jack up both sides of the engine just to ge them in there. After that I had a ton of grinding that I had to do just to get the drivers side to clear the x-brace. In the end I had my mechanic reweld it when he welded up my Dr. Gas x-pipe. Now if you have a coupe from what I remember you only need to jack up the passanger side of the engine, which is easier than it sounds. Overall its not to bad. Also, I deleted the smog pump at the same time, which gave me a lot more room to play with so that helped a good amount. Its really not that difficult, I had directions from BBK which basically said exactly the same thing I just did. If you have any other questions let me know.

So according to bbk there's no need to drop the K member or even remove the wheels for that matter? Can anyone attest to this? DaveB? It's funny because these directions make it sound all too simple.