m2300k brake kit? anyone installed?

• Sponsors (?)

2300 kit

i was going to buy that kit but i went with another route after talking to many people. i went with steeda front calipers brembo 13"/ and baer 13" eradi speed plus one in the back with 00 cobra calipers w/ ford racing bracket kit. it is a cheaper way and better way to go. look into it. it hard to get everything together but it's worth it and cheaper.:nice:

first go get m2300m kit for the back. get the 94-95 spindles from near you. if you cant find one i will find one for you. i have friends who works at junk yards now they call me when they get new mustangs specially a cobra (wracked). LOL

find the steeda or 95 cobra front calipers, buy 13" rotors(cheap)brembo $$$

find rear 00cobra calipers you should be able to buy it for around $150

buy baer 13" rear disc kit with cobra bracket(i made a mistake and bought gt kit)$450

buy brake line for front and back. cheap

fittings/adapters for front and back

this will save you LOT more money and you will have more MODERN set up.
i hope this helped :)

I did the M-2300-K Kit on my car, but I took my time because I like things to be perfect. I took all the Brand New Brackets and parts and filed off any sharp edges, primed and high heat painted everything, cleaned and painted under the car while I had stuff apart, changed Shocks, Struts, Springs, A Arms, Painted the rear axle housing and probably spent a month or so messing with it here and there. Love the final outcome, the Brake Booster was probably the biggest pain of the entire job.

driver19 said:
One more question. Is the stock track width retained in the rear or are your wheel selections limited with the m2300k kit??
See: http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-2300-K.pdf (~9MB)

The sn95 axles are longer. You MUST/Should/who-gives-a-rat's-@ss use rims with more offset. :) Read the following to see what I mean. :)

I use the recommend D178 rims and I have VERY little clearance. With a HEAVY load in the back, the fenders "just" scrap the tires.

But, now, let's talk about *REAL-LIFE*. The tolerances on the Fox Stangs suck. Add in that the rear axles have a tendency to shift to a side. Also, the fenders grew ?3? times from 86 to 93. Add all of that together, and you get SOME people that use rims with the "normal" SN95 offsets without ANY problems.

You can get a *body shop* roll your rear fenders for ?$100?. That gives you some much needed clearance. Considering the cost of the kit, rims, tires, alignment, etc, that extra $100 to get the rear fenders rolled is minor. Still, *I* would recommend using *only* the rims with more offset.

See my pictures to see the fitment on my car. I haven't gotten the rear fenders rolled yet since I haven't needed to.

Blue89gt said:
i was really thinking about getting the 2300 kit for the stang...... i would really like a good brake kit for my car that is complete.
The M2300K kit is about as complete as they come.

Of course, you'll need stuff like brake fluid, maybe some brake line, rear diff fluid, rear diff additive, rear diff cover gasket, wheels, tires, alignment, bla, bla, bla.

Yea, it adds up pretty quickly. :) But, what really gets adds up is the "might as wells". It's a good idea to replace the rear axle bearings and seals (BUY *ONLY FORD!!), your struts (you're already need to get an alignment, so now is a good time), rear shocks if they are old.

Oh yea, do NOT forget the 17" spare. :) Thankfully, there are more available and thanks to http://car-part.com/, you can find one for a decent price and get it shipped right to your house. When I did my conversion, I had to find a body shop that would find and order the used 17" spare for me. At that time, I could get a new 17" spare rim, but not the tire (they were in very limited quantity). So, I *had* to go used. Now, it's cheaper and makes more sense.

Black Sun 5.0 said:
Baer makes a complete kit, their M2300-killer kit. I'm looking into buying one myself.
Does it come with the booster, spindles, hubs, axles, prop valve, backing plates, washers for the spindle, instructions on where to set the prop valve for an initial good setting, etc.

Baer does make some nice stuff. But, they also sell ricer slotted and drilled rotors to people implying that they "help".

Baer makes nice stuff, but i don't consider their brakes to be "better" than Cobra stuff.

The front brakes are identical to Cobra except they say baer and you get fancy rotors.

The rear brakes aren't all that much better than the Cobra units either. They are 12" with PBR calipers vs 11.65" with varga calipers.

The baer 13" kit is nice for looks but it's still a solid rotor. It's performance is not as good under hard fade as a venter cobra rotor. Diameter isn't everything and you don't need 13" on the rear.

For a street car, it all works fine. I fdoubt you would ever put the car under the conditions to see the differences between them all.

I peiced my 2300K kit together for about $700 total including wheels. I know it's not as easy as running out and buying the kit but i had time and liked searching for parts. I got some good deals in the long run

Mustang5L5 said:
Baer makes nice stuff, but i don't consider their brakes to be "better" than Cobra stuff.

For the most part that is true. The front calipers are still twin piston PBR calipers. The rotors are much thicker though and guarnteed for life against warping. Also, the rear offers corvette calipers and larger diameter rotors than the 2300 setup. Baer is worth looking into. I think they have a great product and do not regret going with them over the 2300. See my sig for more details on Baer and the install. Good luck.

tunedin302 said:
For the most part that is true. The front calipers are still twin piston PBR calipers. The rotors are much thicker though and guarnteed for life against warping. Also, the rear offers corvette calipers and larger diameter rotors than the 2300 setup. Baer is worth looking into. I think they have a great product and do not regret going with them over the 2300. See my sig for more details on Baer and the install. Good luck.

Well the baer rotors can be bought separately and run with Cobra style calipers. The baer calipers are the exact same twin-piston 40mm PBR's as the Cobra...just with the baer logo on them. Baer seems to put this caliper on everything these days as i always see old muscle cars on TV wearing baer PBR's on 13" rotors much like the Cobra.

But like i said before, i like baer and their stuff. But for me it was no contest when i could build a "similar" setup using factory parts when i peiced together my own 2300K setup. For the average street mustang, the difference are minute.