maaco bc/cc quality questions

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by fivespeedsteed, Aug 4, 2008.

?

Which Paint Shop

Poll closed Aug 15, 2008.
  1. Cardinal Body Works

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. MAACO

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. BlownFiveLiter

BlownFiveLiter have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run

Thread cleaned up, reopened, and merged with the other. Let's keep it civil guys, they're looking for answers, not your ****ing and moaning with each other because you disagree. We have a private messaging system, or subforum in BHR, if you wish to argue. Getting legitimate topics locked because you want to argue is not acceptable behavior.
  2. SVT32VDOHC

SVT32VDOHC waiting for the next hack atta Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    IATL!!!!!!
  3. 1990Coupe

1990Coupe Founding Member

:lol:

+1 :shrug:

Maaco FTW :nice:
  4. SVT32VDOHC

SVT32VDOHC waiting for the next hack atta Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    The Maaco by me does great work. They are franchises, so it depends on who runs them and what type of area they are in. There is another one in a less fortunate area. I wouldn't take a 20 inch Schwinn bicycle there to get painted.
  5. Darkwriter77

Darkwriter77 Resident Ranting Negative Nancy

FWIW, I had a Crown Vic P71 painted by Maaco in North Kansas City for (I think) $400 with the mid-level paint that included the clearcoat. I had the car for over a year and a half after that and the paint looked great and held up wonderfully. The only place(s) it flaked off was where I had them paint over the chrome in some spots (I was going for the Marauder look), but only just around the very edges. They did such a great job of filling the leftover holes left from the police rooflights and trunk antennas that you absolutely could not tell it had ever had 'em. :nice:

I think it just depends on which Maaco location you go to. Generally, yeah, they probably do shoddy jobs, but maybe I got lucky in my case and got a good one where they actually do decent sprays. :shrug:
  6. 94GTHO

94GTHO Member

Ive seen the work on a few cars this shop has put out. One being my good friends car. Another is a friends integra. The paint looks great in person and everyone that commpliments it cant belive it was MAACO. ALso I am not looking to get show car quality. It is just the car I drive to school and work everyday and want it to look presentable. Trust me when I say that any paint job would look better than the condition it was in before all of this.