mac h pipe with flowmaster or mac h pipe with magnaflow mufflers

• Sponsors (?)

StangJonGT said:
MAC + Flows = heaven. IMO, the magnas are sooo played out and overhyped. Don't be part of the bandwagon--stick to what sounds the best, and has for decades.

Jon
Another vote for Mac O/R hpipe and 2 chambers. I really dont see gettin much better sound outa ur stang that that combo :banana:

magnaflows fit better, are a bit quieter, & seem to be made better as well; but i sold mine & went back with the flowmaster original 40's. can't beat the sound with prochamber or o/r h pipe. imho.. if u are thinking of switching for sound, i'd hear em in person first.

StangJonGT said:
MAC + Flows = heaven. IMO, the magnas are sooo played out and overhyped. Don't be part of the bandwagon--stick to what sounds the best, and has for decades.

Jon

played out, sounds like flows to me :lol:

IMO the regular H pipe and magnaflows don't sound that great, BUT if you go with the Mac Prochamber and magnaflows, beautiful sound. :drool:

SFgiants25 said:
Another vote for Mac O/R hpipe and 2 chambers. I really dont see gettin much better sound outa ur stang that that combo :banana:

I posted a thread about this about a month ago and i didn't convert. I have the offroad mac with flows and i am happy i didn't waste my money on magnaflows. In another couple of months something new is going to come along and sweep everyone up i was almost one of them stick to the flows.

UA2k1GT said:
played out, sounds like flows to me :lol:

Yeah, Flows are more popular, so I suppose the term "played out" would be more appropriate for them. On the other hand, what I meant was that the trend is played out; Magnaflows have proven to be the hot topic of the month, and I never liked the sound.

Jon

StangJonGT said:
Yeah, Flows are more popular, so I suppose the term "played out" would be more appropriate for them. On the other hand, what I meant was that the trend is played out; Magnaflows have proven to be the hot topic of the month, and I never liked the sound.

Jon

I think people really just got tired of the sound of flowmasters, because if you saw a mustang, it had flows, and wanted something a little different, but affordable. Magnaflows provide a different sound, that still sounds very much like a mustang, but different than flows, and better performance and build quality (Stainless Steel) but for a more affordable price than say Bassani or Borla.

I don't think they were/are a trend, I think magnaflows became so popular because they are what the market has been waiting on.

I love the sound of flowmasters, especially on a 5.0, butI think straight through mufflers sound better on the 4.6. Just my opinion though.

I like the way my Magnaflows sound.

But to each there own.......

I dont think muffler can be trendy.....

Body Kits can be trendy

Neon Lights can be trendy

Paint Schemes can be trendy-

I dont think performance parts can be trendy though- they either work or they dont.

They stay in the market if they work, and they slowly go away if they dont.

But thats just my opinion.

StangJonGT said:
I'm not trying to pick a fight GNN, but you say that a product will stay on the market if it performs. Due to the extremely long availability of Flowmasters, are you saying they perform?

Jon

No, its cool.....I guess this is how I feel-

yes Flowmasters do make some horsepower.....

I look at the market like this- For the longest time (pre Magnaflow) you could spend

$250 get a Flowmaster system that made some horsepower

$500 get a Borla/ Bassani system that made more horsepower

I look at the horsepower/ dollar ratio-

Flowmaster might only have made half as much as a Borla, but they were also half the prrice.....

Now there are companies like Magnaflow, SLP, and the aluminized Bassani systems that offer the hp at a lower price...giving a better hp/ dollar ratio-

We think there were always people who perferred the straight through muffler sound or didnt care about sound and just wanted the extra hp, however they stayed with a chambered muffler because of the huge price difference....

Now that there are reasonably priced straight through mufflers out there, it gives many of them the opportunity to buy the muffler they wanted.....

There will always be though, the people that perfer the sound of chambers, and are willing to give up the extra hp, because they really dont like the straight through sound.....

I feel you can tune chambers and straight through designed mufflers different ways but these basic characteristics will always remain the same....

chambers- hollow, metallic sound with interior resonation

straight through- throaty, deeper, smooth, less interior resonance

Because of these facts, and the big sound preferances, Flowmaster will comtinue to prosper, along with MAC even though there are cheaper straight through mufflers available.....

Really when we look at the market- we see these different niches-

chambered- Flowmaster, MAC, Spintech

straight through- Magnaflow, Aluminized Bassani, and now SLP

The only ones I see that might not grow as fast

Borla, Stainless Bassani - not because its a bad product, but because of the price difference between the Magnaflow, SLP, aluminized Bassani and themselves......

There will always be the people though that want
the Borla sound
the Stainless Bassani

so they will not go away though

I guess it sounds kind of crazy, but I think everyone of the major players has there place in the market-

Hmmm...this is just my own personal view, so feel free to comment on it....

good or bad....as its just my honest opinion thats all.....