Mac tailpipes, have question

bobbys9350

Mar 30, 2005
i just got some mac tailpipes, and i have some questions bout what the hardware is for?
what are these black brackets for and this other stuff? thanks !

tailpipes5.jpg

Attachments

• tailpipes5.jpg
    tailpipes5.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Sponsors (?)

That goes on your stock hangers. The long stud at the bottom left of the pic screws into the black bracket and that goes into the rubber hanger. Then the black bracket screws into your new tail pipe. Use the small bolts for that.

I was confused too when I went to put mine on. I fiddled around and finally figured out that a bolt goes through the slide groove in the tip and the round post bolts into the black bracket which goes to the stock hanger. Wierd!!!!!

lol, thanks a lot guys! we worked on it most of the day. running around trying to find an exhaust shop to fix my outlets my uncle screwed up ( air chisel, lol! ) they cut the outlets off and welded new ones on. tommorow were gonna finish it up, i cant wait. were gonna have to cut some of the flow tubes off ( maybe like 2-3 inches) to make em fit. we just put on side of the tip on just to see how it looks....... MAN IS IT GONNA LOOK SWEET! on my coupe :) i cant wait. tommorow ill post up an exhaust clip for you guys ;) oh ya, my setup will be mac equal length shorties, bbk 0/R h pipe, mac flow tubes, 2 chamber flows, and Mac tailpipes of course..... THANKS AGAIN! :)

gt50stang89 said:
you have pics of the black brackets on the car?, im trying to figure this out and still am totally confused?
there is those round rods that go thrue the stock tailpipe hanger location, then the bracket bolt to that, and the bent end of the bracket bolts to the tips to hold them :nice: