Mach 1 or Cobra?

Neither car is more complex to maintain than the other.
Cobra has the following systems that the Mach does not:
-IRS
-secondary cooling system for intercooler
-blower
-alt in poor location gets hot needs replaced more often
-more complex exhaust to clear IRS
-various other rmisc systems related to blower

Seriously, one would think a service manager would know more about cars and focus on tech rather than just hating on people. Move on dude and get the **** over it...

• Sponsors (?)

-IRS
-blower

Seriously, one would think a service manager would know more about cars and focus on tech rather than just hating on people. Move on dude and get the **** over it...

That's true but isn't the OP referring to a non-Terminated Cobra?

Yeah maybe he is talking about that Catman, whatever...

I have quoted my previous post in the thread that specifically addressed just the IRS issue...

The IRS is nice because the car does not bounce sideways on corners. However it adds a lot of mechanical complexity and it is kludged in from a Lincoln car. In stock form it needs a lot of money and work.

Let me bottom line it for you, I cannot do burnouts without massive wheel hop. If a mustang cannot do burnouts then WTF is it good for?

It would cost me at least $400 to get it squared away and that is if I do the work myself and get Bruce's parts instead of MM's. F-that...

-IRS
-blower

Umm we are talking about a 1999/2001 Cobra which does not have
-blower
Debatable.
-more complex exhaust to clear IRS- Please it is not complex, because the bends go in a different directions

So there again, please explain with technical facts on why a 1999/2001 Cobra is more complex and cost more to maintain than a Mach One? I already commented about the rear ends being different and the IRS a little more complex than the solid axle, but it is nothing that is that major. I have had 2 Cobra's, one being a 99, and a GT. It really is nothing that is complex at all.

Seriously, maybe you should read, understand, re-read and comprehend what is being said. I seem to have, you I have doubts about.

So you were saying about me being a service manager and not focusing on cars and hating?

Sorry Kilgore, this had nothing to do with your ignorance. It had to do with you giving out the wrong advice. Not surprisingly when questions and told it is wrong, you resort to petty crap trying to make yourself innocent.

Umm we are talking about a 1999/2001 Cobra which does not have
-blower
Debatable.
-more complex exhaust to clear IRS- Please it is not complex, because the bends go in a different directions

So there again, please explain with technical facts on why a 1999/2001 Cobra is more complex and cost more to maintain than a Mach One? I already commented about the rear ends being different and the IRS a little more complex than the solid axle, but it is nothing that is that major. I have had 2 Cobra's, one being a 99, and a GT. It really is nothing that is complex at all.

Seriously, maybe you should read, understand, re-read and comprehend what is being said. I seem to have, you I have doubts about.

So you were saying about me being a service manager and not focusing on cars and hating?

Sorry Kilgore, this had nothing to do with your ignorance. It had to do with you giving out the wrong advice. Not surprisingly when questions and told it is wrong, you resort to petty crap trying to make yourself innocent.
I think the solution is for me to add you back in to my ignore list. I am going to add in Deftsound as well. My biggest regret is ever taking you off it in the first place :nice:

I think the solution is for me to add you back in to my ignore list. I am going to add in Deftsound as well. My biggest regret is ever taking you off it in the first place :nice:

Kind of like telling everyone you are leaving this site and not coming back, but do so multiple times?

I guess a simple "my bad, I thought he was talking about an 03+ Cobra" is too man enough for you:shrug:

You do not know what you are talking about. You make assumptions about my political beliefs, where I have my car repaired, how I have my car repaired, etc, etc.

Stick to the thread topic son.

Cobra is more mechanically complex and therefore will be more expensive.

Sorry to the OP but i cant resist.

First of all I know your political beliefs because you and i are both longtime posters on stangnet and I have seen your responses in political type threads therefore i know you are liberal.

Secondly I didn't have to make an assumption where you have your car repaired and worked on because you told all of us in your first post
Even the stealership is clueless generally. That has been MY experience anyways...
I am sticking to the topic, I have a good friend with an 03-04 cobra and as a long time poster on this forum you are the First person I have heard complain about the cost of maintaining one. And based on what you said about the cost of tires I can assume that you buy only the best tires when in reality you can buy a cheaper set of tires and spend way less money. I honestly think you just get jealous when you hear about people having a car like yours.

Oh and finally, just leave stangnet for good, no one needs your negative attitude around here, its depressing, like a wet blanket...

Oh and again, I am not your son. I'm not sure where you get off on telling me that but its kinda creepy.

Yeah...

Honestly I'd have either car. I think the Mach 1 is really exclusive(esp. if you can find the Azure Blue or Grabber Orange ones.)
But the 99-01 Cobra is pretty cool too. I usually see that when you start talking about new edge Cobras everyone automatically assumes Termi(just see the above arguement lol.) I think the 99-01 cars are/will be very sought after one day... They were the first with IRS and the bumpers on them look pretty cool too. There is somethign about them that is much more appealing than a SN95 4v Cobra for example, I just think their rarity factor is somewhat higher.

Even though I've never owned a 4v car, I would assume its not much harder to maintain than my lowly 96 2v.

This is all JMO of course.