MAD EASY!!!! homemade mil eliminators

mil eliminators diagram

It cost me like $3 or something. Only done on the back two O2's. I didn't use the little board that it lists, but either way it's up to you. I just used the caps and resistors. Enjoy!

Attachments

• mil_eliminator_post.JPG
    mil_eliminator_post.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 14,281
  • Sponsors (?)

you can buy pc boards and break them into small square peices and put the resistor and cap on it. It has holes in it that you can put the leads through and solder them on the back. It's not a big deal if you don't use them. I didn't because I just thought it was pain. A little easier without them. you can just strip the wire and tape or solder them together. I just used the resistors and caps.

krly79 said:
you can buy pc boards and break them into small square peices and put the resistor and cap on it. It has holes in it that you can put the leads through and solder them on the back. It's not a big deal if you don't use them. I didn't because I just thought it was pain. A little easier without them. you can just strip the wire and tape or solder them together. I just used the resistors and caps.

One other thing to mention is the heat that is produced down there. It WILL melt the solder if it gets hot enough. I had to solder my o2's a while back and ended up buying new ones.

Thanks for the info on this..gonna have to try it on a buddies car that was looking into buying those $60 MIL eliminators. :nice: As far as the heat issue is concerned, would some form of exhaust tape/wrap help keep the solder from melting..I would imagine it would help a little bit anyways?

poolee said:
I did the same thing, just soldered the whole thing together and wrapped it in heat shrink. I've had it on for almost 2 years now with no problems.

I lost the picture though, thanks for posting it.

Thats what I did, Sodered then together so the connection wa strong, then wrapped them in the Black Tubing that you can get at the automotive store and I had my car for 1 1/2 years no problem... It will last a long time if you do it right :nice: