MAF sensor upgrade

im wanting to upgrade the throttle body in my 00 GT. im guessing that i need to upgrade the MAF sensor as well. what size MAF and throttle body should i get? do i need larger injectors as well? how does the MAF calibration work with the injectors?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

changing out to a larger thrttlbdy is fine, but untill you max out your injectors and MAF, leave them alone. the only gain you'll see from changing out the injectors and MAF is less money in your wallet

my 1996 Gt ran 11.90's wth its stock 80mm Mustang MAF sensor

To add to Randy's comments, if you're going to upgrade your TB, I'd do the plenum at the same time. Other than drivability or idle issues, I doubt you'll find anything with just doing the TB. I noticed a nice SOTP gain at 3K RPMs (to redline) when I swapped out for the Accufab 70mm TB and plenum setup.

I have an '01 GT and I'm running the BBK High Flow Plenum with the 75mm Power Plus Throttle Body and I still have the stock MAF. I've had no issues whatsoever and I also recommend upgrading your plenum at the same time as your TB. The stock plenums just aren't up to the task when you bolt on an upgraded TB.

Your MAF is what 80MM? Aftermarket TB and plenums are 75MM. I was worried about the same thing, but I dont think it is a huge deal. Shouldnt cause a bottleneck.

What you can do is buy a Ford lightning 90MM MAF off EBAY, BUT you will need a dyno tune if you change the MAF. The 90 will have a little less resistance, and the tuner can make it run your motor just fine....but IMO you will probably only gain 1-2HP at best, if any. Not worth the extra $100 for the MAF....a dyno tune however would be a good idea after you do some exhaust work.

at first i was thinking fuel injected to but u were talking about naturally aspirated cars (which took me a minute as well) then i realized what it was.

so leave the MAF and upgrade the TB to 75mm and the plenum or can i just have the plenum polished?

well thats up to you if you can find a reputble shop that cn port and polish it then go ahead and do it otherwise you will need to buy the plenum