Engine Maf Symptoms

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Zebanks, Sep 18, 2013.

1. I have a 1989 5.0 and its not running right. it has the signs and symptoms of a dirty maf. But I cleaned it and I cleaned my air filter and it still has a rough idle and dies when I start it up if I don't give it as to keep it running. So what else could it be? Thanks

2. Pull Codes:

Courtesy of Jrichker:

3. @Noobz347 maybe we should just sticky a" Any engine related issues... ALWAYS PULL CODES thread :rolleyes:

4. Noobz, remember your recent post about moderating newb posts, especially the ones where the question has been asked a thousand times? :stick: ahem.............

5. That's a little rude , if ya want answers pull codes first then people here will be able to help better , but sounds like iac valve problem

6. The thing is that it could be 1 (or more) of any number of things. It's not rude to try and find ways to state the obvious. Lots of folks try and avoid the "spit ball" approach and attempt to narrow it down some. Pulling codes is a good first step.

7. This actually isn't a bad idea. We could put up a sticky with @jrichker 's instructions on how to pull them. It might save folks some time when they're trying to diagnose a problem.