maintaining black paint

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
im pretty close to positive i want to paint my car black when iget the money and all. im thinking a 1.5" cowl hood, saleen wing, and LX tails. then wheels later on when the 5 lug comes. whats differnet about maintaining a black car than a normal colored car? thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

normal colored :scratch:

black is a normal color....

anyway, it shows dirt and scratched a lot easier than any other colors, that's why i opted to stay with red when i get my paint done.

saleen wing isn't for me on GT's though, unless it's a vert. i prefer the cobra spoiler much better

Black sucks. ANy little imperfection shows. Best way to protect is buff and wax. I get mine professionally detailed pretty often to keep it looking good.

Now my silver GT hides every little spec of dirt that i can go months without washing and it will still look clean :)

Coming from someone with two black cars, they can be a pain in the ass. They show swirl marks, water spots, dust, etc. However, with all of my complaining about it, when I repaint the 5.0, its going to be BLACK! When its clean and waxed regularly......:drool: So, if you know for sure that you are going to keep it clean, go with the black. Other wise, stick to silver/gray or even red. My dads red jeep never looks nearly as dirty as it really is. Just my .02