Make my own center console cupholder?

• Sponsors (?)

JimBowy said:
the biggest difficulty is making different size drinks fit in the same hole.

Anybody?
get your favorite coffee mug and a can of soda and make the circumference of the hole the size of the soda can. then higher in the hole enlarge the hole to hold a coffee mug. just make it deep so the coffee does not fall over. :)

wally mart sells something that has two cupholders and slides in between the seat and console. you could get one and hack it up to fab it into a panel to fit the console......

just my ramblings.

HISSIN50 said:
get your favorite coffee mug and a can of soda and make the circumference of the hole the size of the soda can. then higher in the hole enlarge the hole to hold a coffee mug. just make it deep so the coffee does not fall over. :)

wally mart sells something that has two cupholders and slides in between the seat and console. you could get one and hack it up to fab it into a panel to fit the console......

just my ramblings.

Okay, I'll give this a shot on a rainy day... I don't have much to lose.

im not good with fabbing plastic stuff like that (i lack patience), so i have no idea if it will work or look decent. a lot of the guys in here are good at that type of stuff - i bet they have some good ideas for you. good luck.

i hear a lot of people put drinks between the e-brake and passenger seat. I've done it a few times and it worked well. I want one of the things from 50resto.com, but i'm not anxious to spend $50 either...maybe find a used one? :shrug:

ive got the one from 50resto that sticks down in the ash tray. i really just got it so i wouldnt have to deal with lookin at the ugly ash tray all the time. actually had to fab it up a little bit so it wouldnt sit up so high. dont think ive ever put a drink in it though. the shifter would knock the drink out of the first cup holder anyways

ECU5.0 said:
ive got the one from 50resto that sticks down in the ash tray. i really just got it so i wouldnt have to deal with lookin at the ugly ash tray all the time. actually had to fab it up a little bit so it wouldnt sit up so high. dont think ive ever put a drink in it though. the shifter would knock the drink out of the first cup holder anyways
well, that sucks.

Well I bought one of those cup holders from 50resto.com. That thing is huge! Its almost the size of my arm rest in my expedition! I havnt put it on yet. When I lay it over my arm rest/center console, it doesnt seem as if I will be able to fully pull up my e brake once its installed. I think I might sell it!

TheUser said:
i hear a lot of people put drinks between the e-brake and passenger seat. I've done it a few times and it worked well. I want one of the things from 50resto.com, but i'm not anxious to spend $50 either...maybe find a used one? :shrug:

my problem with this is my car has lx seats and when someone sits in the passenger seat the drink will slide or tip over during braking or hard turns. otherwise thats what i do i would rather spend my money on perfomance and looks. besides who has time to drink when shifting gears lol.

At the moment and for years now I have been putting my drink between the e brake and seat which has been mentioned many times now. But since I have already purchased the arm rest cup holder I was wondering if anyone has actually installed one or seen one installed?