Manifold cracked

• Sponsors (?)

I've been hearing that BBK is comming out with new upper intake manihold for 4.6 people. I'm still waiting on that. I say look for used one to tie you over until BBK finaly gets their azz in gear and get it ready

Just when I was getting my headswap done one of the guys that i know quite well at a Ford dealership in town called me to see if I wanted to sell my intake. Here a guy with a blue 98GT that I almost bought about a year earlier cracked his intake manifold at the thermo housing. They couldn't find one anywhere for this guy so I made myself a quick $100. Seems that it is quite common with the older intakes. Plastic crap and all.

Mine cracked in the thermostat housing too. I picked up a PI replacement at the local dealer for 264$ plus new gaskets, 40 minutes later...good as new. The new manifolds are made of metal in the front, the same places where ours crack. Ford figured out they had a bad design but because it doesnt affect safety, they arent forced to put out a recal, screws us but saves them. good luck :nice: