Manual Transmission Not Available Yet?

Hiya! I am new here. :D Looking to get my first Mustang. Almost bought one in 98 but I just didn't like the look or the handling or the stock Mustangs.

I priced out a nice V6 Premium with the upgrades I wanted and compared that to a GT configred about the same. Called a friend, agreed to sell my 98 ZX2 and set out to a dealer to see what pricing I could get.

Arrived at the dealer, explained what I wanted: colours (Windveil blue and dark charcoal) and upgrades (anti theft, side air bags, int upgrade, ext upgrade) and received the blank stare on what the upgrades were supposed to include. Their website listed a few V6s but with auto transmission. When I finally found my way there, they really had about 2 and just sold a beautiful red GT.

When they went to look on their incoming orders for a car (based solely on colour and not what was included :mad: ) they asked if I wanted an automatic and I told them absolutely not, I haven't owned an automatic since my senior year in High School.

At this I was told that Ford doesn't plan on starting the manufacturing for 5 Speed V6s until late February!

Since I do not put a lot of stock in what I am told at a dealer, I thought I would post on here and see if this is true or not. Anyone know? I already poked my head here and there for about 8 pages but haven't checked out any sites other than a generic google search (with expected results).

Any help would be appreciated. Also I am glad I poked around, I had no idea that Ford Partners employees had discounts. My uncle works at a company that manufactures (hopefully they still do it) some small part that is used in the engines (don't ask, I have no idea. picked up last xmas during a conversation) and mentioned that he gets a deal on new cars. Knowing my luck, he doesn't work there anymore.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to any replies.

• Sponsors (?)

:bs: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=4503520517&category=6236&sspagename=WDVW

I have no idea why they would be jerking you around like this, it could be they are just stone ignorant and trying to fill in the gaps but the auto v6s are definitely out there.
Another thing, a 'standard' transmission is typically a manual. I dont think I have ever heard 'standard' used to refer to an auto. They likely pegged you as someone they could manipulate when you misunderstood this.

Thanks and LOL and fixed. I know the difference, I will have to blame the few bottles of liquid relaxer I had prior to surfing today. :)

Checked it out, that is an automatic. I want a 5 spd manual, I don't want to own an automatic again. As for them, it was pretty obvious they were just selling without pushing. They only had one on the lot, one being prepped for the lot, and the GT I sat in that was already sold. So I might have to go with a really long payment plan on a GT or wait until the manual V6s are out.

vld said:
:bs: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=4503520517&category=6236&sspagename=WDVW

I have no idea why they would be jerking you around like this, it could be they are just stone ignorant and trying to fill in the gaps but the auto v6s are definitely out there.
Another thing, a 'standard' transmission is typically a manual. I dont think I have ever heard 'standard' used to refer to an auto. They likely pegged you as someone they could manipulate when you misunderstood this.

I think you missunderstood,,,, our friend here is tryin to find a MANUAL V6 NOT Auto,, therefore your link to ebay with AUTO V6 wouldnt help him... :shrug:

From what I know and have heard, the 1st batch of Manual V6's wont be out till begining of 2005,,, And any dealers I have seen the V6's at have AUTO's only,,,

Peace

It was my bad for screwing up the first post, but yes, that is what I am looking for and I have searched via the Net up and down the east coast and the only manual transmissions I see are with the GT.

Why would Ford do that?

I suspected at first I was being told that in order to get me into a car on the lot. That happens from time to time and being female, I have even been told, "that's a lot of car are you sure you don't want something else?" It wasn't at this dealer but another I went to a few years ago. Since then I have stuck with dealers in the city, they tend to want the cash and could care less how well the "little lady" can handle the power.

The dealer is sort of correct. Ford will not start manufacturing '05 Mustang V6s until late January. Which means that it will be late Feb before they arrive at the dealers.

Darn, that is a downer. That means the sale of my ZX2 might now go through and I am getting way more selling it off to a friend who is in desperate need than I will ever get at the dealer.

I have a call in with my mother to check with her brother on his current employment status and if he still has the ability to get me a better deal. If not then I have one more connection to try.

Worst case scenario is holding off on the maintenance work on the ZX2 that is needed and trading it in against a V6 come next October.

vld said:
:Another thing, a 'standard' transmission is typically a manual. I dont think I have ever heard 'standard' used to refer to an auto. They likely pegged you as someone they could manipulate when you misunderstood this.

Yup, Manual transmissions are usually called "Standards" because they were the standard transmission offered with a car. Automatics were usually more expensive so they were optional.

BUT, the only car i know of where the automatic was standard and the 6-spd was the option was the 4th gen Camaro/Transam