mass air conversion question

speadfreak

Oct 13, 2005
I have a 90 notch that, for some reason, now has a speed density setup in it. In looking for a problem the other day I noticed that the plug is still in the car for the mass air meter. The computer is definately a speed density unit and until recently(whole different topic) the car ran fine. My question is, If I buy an A9L, a MAF, and the correct MAP sensor is this all I need to do to convert, since the wiring is already in place. Will this be a simple plug and play procedure(theoretically speaking)? The motor is bone stock. I'm planning on a 393stroker sometime soon, but for now Id just like to throw in a cam and an old paxton kit my buddy has laying around, just to have something peppy to play with this summer.

• Sponsors (?)

That's a weird one.

Try it. The MAP sensor is the same. Just unplug the MAP and leave the port open to atmosphere. Just get a MAF and an A9L//A9P and see what it does

I converted my 88 hatch to maf. All I had to do is buy a used computer, maf sensor, the little tube that goes from the air box to the sensor(which i had a hell of a time finding an original for some reason), and bought a custom harness from stangparts.com. I used the same map and just unplugged the line, and all went great. The custom harness came with extra wire to do the vss if needed and a set of conversion directions for everything. Was real easy and have no problems with it since, so if you do have any wiring problem or so id say jus check it out. Just thought i'd put that out there for anybody who was interested.