Maximum Motorsports front coilover kit installed. WOW!!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
I just got my MM front coilover kit installed today, & all I can say is WOW!!! The ride is amazing!!! Its a night & day difference in ride quality. With the H&R supersports in the front, it always felt bouncy & uncomfortable, but I tolerated it because its all I new. It wasnt until I noticed that 1 side of my car sat a tad higher than the other that I thought about getting coilovers. They solved the stance problem & now it rides 100% better. Honestly,I think its one of the best mods Ive done so far. The real test comes when I do some corner carving this weekend. Anyway, heres some pics...Yeah I know, Im a pic whore!!!

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1316.jpg

DSCN1317.jpg

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1320.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They run for $369 from MM + tax (if u live in cali) & shipping. I got mine for $335 shipped from a dealer. You got to have Bilstien's, Koni's, or Tokico's though. Honestly I dont think I would ever go back to conventional springs on the front of any Stang from now on. I highly recommend these if you want to go real low & actually get better ride quality. I kept it conservative on my drop though, I couldve went a lot lower.

Your spring rates are off, so just be careful until you get a feel of how it handles now.

It felt ine to me, but someone else said that too. But from what I heard, coilover spring rates are a little different then regular springs. I have the 325 lb. springs in the front & Im not sure what the spring rate is on the H&R rears. Are they too stiff, because they felt cool to me. Would I be better off puting in my stock Mach 1 springs in the rear? Even with the 325 lb. coilovers in the front it felt stffer when I pushed down on it, then the H&R's that I know are way stiffer then that.

will it work with the tokico illumina?

I beleive so.

It felt ine to me, but someone else said that too. But from what I heard, coilover spring rates are a little different then regular springs. I have the 325 lb. springs in the front & Im not sure what the spring rate is on the H&R rears. Are they too stiff, because they felt cool to me. Would I be better off puting in my stock Mach 1 springs in the rear? Even with the 325 lb. coilovers in the front it felt stffer when I pushed down on it, then the H&R's that I know are way stiffer then that.

What spring rate did you buy for the front?

I got 325 lb. because thats what MM recommended with my setup & driving habits. Mostly what I do is agressive street driving anyway & I still wanted a decent ride quality.

Well, they don't list a spring rate for the packaged coil over system, but I'm sure it's much lower than the SS rear spring rate. In fact, it's probably closer to half.

Well, they don't list a spring rate for the packaged coil over system, but I'm sure it's much lower than the SS rear spring rate. In fact, it's probably closer to half.
thats why I went with 325 lbs, because I beleive H&R front springs are like 650-700 lbs.

With coil overs you dont have to have as much spring rate because they work more efficiently.

sounds awsome, and rather cheap
Let me know if you want to get them, I can see if I can hook u up with the same dealer. Im not sure if he gives me better prices than others though because I buy alot of parts from him.

Where r u in the north bay, & are u goin to the "Gallop Around The Bay"?

I know that....I'm saying that your fronts now don't match the rears. The rear c/o rate is probably much lower than the rear ss rate.

Your probably right. I will just have to drive it for a while, & I cant afford to buy the rears right now. It felt fine to me. Im sure with a rear kit it will probably feel even better though.