Me Vs. LS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what do you guys know about the LS2???? I know the LS1s are built by god himself and so on and so on.... I just want to know if i stand a chance??? The Car is a Orange GTO, Hes the Manager at the Cingular across the street from my store. The funny part is that the car color is the same as the Cingular logo :rlaugh:
06_00099_2.jpg

I know i dont have much of a chance but I might just do it for fun. Its pretty stock just exhaust... I have a hard enough time beating LS1s :nonono:

Attachments

• 06_00099_2.jpg
    06_00099_2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

400hp LS2 and the GTO is a nice package even if you don't like the looks of the car. You will see his taillights by the time you reach 40 mph. Have fun but don't expect much with his 100hp advantage and better transmission gearing if it is a 6speed. Just be safe if that is possible playing on the street.

From the tests ive seen (granted these were magazine numbers) the ls1 gto's ran roughly close to the same times as s197 mustangs with a 50 hp difference. If they can drive reasonably well id say you would lose, especially if you have trouble with ls1's. They are a few hundred pounds heavier though so even with the extra hp they wouldnt beat you by as much as you think.

From my expercience with 96-98 cobras over the years(lots of friends had them), and at the local tracks you will have trouble beating a car like mine, let alone a gto which traps ~7 mph higher than you(and me) and .5seconds faster stock.
But If you've owned your car for a long time you would already know how this works...

You will loose...those GTOs put down 350RWHP. They run what my car err did...and I dont have any problems with 98 cobras. I think you will keep up pretty well, but he should beat you given equal drivers.

If he sucks at driving, and you are good...then you should win.

It all depends what mods your car has......I have a 2v N/A and spank ls1's and ls'2's at the track all day! The GTO is a beast and heavy too boot! I ran my friends 6.0 GTO and with his mods he had 368rwhp to my 264.....my car weights 3250 with driver and has 4.10 gears and with supporting bolt ons............ his car weighs 4050 with out driver and has exhust work and rockers with dr's! With all that power he couldn' get it to the ground....Granted my car runs high 12's all day long he didn't really stand a chance....But with a diet those car could be deadly! The only ls2 that beat me soo far was a Z06 with full exhaust! He pulled me hard by the 1000 foot mark! lol So with some gears and exhaust you stand a good chance! It will derive from how good you launch!

"ED"

Villa Park(Orange County) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fontana(San Bernadino County) X1,000,000,000. My Wallet>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your's. My House>>>>>>>>>>>Yours. My Girl>>>>>Yours. I could go on.....Did I mention with all the money I put in my mustang, its purpose is to be my "DD Beater"(that will put a hurting on 96-98 cobras). OK

squares98 said:
Villa Park(Orange County) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fontana(San Bernadino County) X1,000,000,000. My Wallet>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your's. My House>>>>>>>>>>>Yours. My Girl>>>>>Yours. I could go on.....Did I mention with all the money I put in my mustang, its purpose is to be my "DD Beater"(that will put a hurting on 96-98 cobras). OK

A tad Bit defensive are we????? Well when the day ends remember, you own a 2v. I own a 4v. Bottom line i make more power stock, i would make more power if we spent the same amount on each of our cars and Cobras ALWAYS get more tail PERIOD Just go watch more episodes of "The O.C" and masterbate to Rachel Bilsons.

At the track you may have a chance if they don't know how to launch it. The GTO is the most difficult car to launch at the track. If you try them on the street from a roll he will eat you alive. Stock LS2 GTO's will run high 12's if driven very well (there are some LS1's running 12's bone stock but every car has a factory freak if you know what I mean). An average joe like you or I will run mid 13's. I ran high 13's in mine just learning how to drive at the track. I run 13 flat in my LS1 now. They are pigs but once they are launched they pull like a raped ape clear through 160mph. Trust me on this.

my friends 04 5.7 GTO never been to the track in it but will stay at my other friends door who runs 13.1 in his 04 GT

I was very suprised on how fast the GTO is even the LS1's and it destroyed a stock evo 8.

And yes you will lose with your pretty much stock 96-98 cobra.

BTW my GSX-R is where the girls are at not the cobra (believe me):D

Status
Not open for further replies.