me vs. wrx

302fordracer

Mar 27, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Sorry I know...another who would win thread...But seriously...mods are in the sig..oh and I am throwing in a 70mm throttle body and 3.73s this week...So who would win..Me or my best friend's little brother with his BONE stock 2002 turbo wrx NON-sti..oh and I got about 65k on the ticker...??

• Sponsors (?)

you will win by a good bit. I can take down stock and slightly modified wrx's and i'm stock except for timing, exhaust, intake. I stay side by side in my friend with an 02 wrx with a boost controller and exhaust, intake.

you should win, those cars can be difficult to launch properly, I know I have one. they are fun cars, but drag racers they are not. they have a real $hitty tune from the factory and it's amazing what just a tune to an otherwise stock wrx can do for it.

with your mods you should have no problem beating him, i'd say a stock fox would take a stock wrx. the only thing he has on you is better cornering. the only excuse you have for losing is it's snowing out :)

You should smoke him. Very few awd drivers actually know how to drive the cars. He will likely either stall it, take off like a grandma, or destroy the clutch. But, in the rare occurance that he actually knows what he's doing, and takes you out of the hole, you'll run him down real quick like.

You should smoke him. Very few awd drivers actually know how to drive the cars. He will likely either stall it, take off like a grandma, or destroy the clutch. But, in the rare occurance that he actually knows what he's doing, and takes you out of the hole, you'll run him down real quick like.

If its a DD theres a real good shot he knows how to launch it! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't count on it. Just because he drives it everyday doesn't mean he practices launching it every day. Seeing how it's bone stock, he doesn't seem very interested in performance, so why would he be interested in figuring out how to launch it? I know someone that daily drives a Legacy GT, and they have no clue how to launch the car. I drove it and tried to launch it a couple times, and it is VERY easy to smoke the clutch in those cars.

In response to your earlier post, the wrx is turbo, and 227fwhp if I'm not mistaken.

I wouldn't count on it. Just because he drives it everyday doesn't mean he practices launching it every day. Seeing how it's bone stock, he doesn't seem very interested in performance, so why would he be interested in figuring out how to launch it? I know someone that daily drives a Legacy GT, and they have no clue how to launch the car. I drove it and tried to launch it a couple times, and it is VERY easy to smoke the clutch in those cars.

In response to your earlier post, the wrx is turbo, and 227fwhp if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe its mommy and daddies so he cant mod it or has no money to do so.