me vs. wrx

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't count on it. Just because he drives it everyday doesn't mean he practices launching it every day. Seeing how it's bone stock, he doesn't seem very interested in performance, so why would he be interested in figuring out how to launch it? I know someone that daily drives a Legacy GT, and they have no clue how to launch the car. I drove it and tried to launch it a couple times, and it is VERY easy to smoke the clutch in those cars.

In response to your earlier post, the wrx is turbo, and 227fwhp if I'm not mistaken.

very true, i still havn't perfected out how to launch mine. if you just rev it and dump the clutch the clutch/trans/cv joints won't last long. it is very easy to launch and bog like crazy especially in stock form.

My brotha's 05 sti
Mods
-3" catless turbo back
-topspeed protune 93 and 100oct maps

Weight reduction
-removed spare and jack
-removed rear seat and passenger seats(only like 40lbs )
-Alittle less then half a tank of gas
-No tricks

60--1.69
1/8--7.97
1/8mph--87.2mph
1/4--12.49
1/4mph--109.7mph

Btw he has to shift into 5th because of the sti's gearing...

i believe a wrx is a 2.0L and the sti is 2.5L both turboed. You will own a stock wrx. I have a 94 gt with CAI/pulleys/LTs/Flows/3.55s with 200k on the ticker and i am side by side with an STI on the highway so i dont think you will have much trouble. The subarus stock are a joke, but start modding them and they can do some crazy things....

My roomate has a 2003 wrx, boost controller, uppipe, downpipe, COBB stage II and full exhaust out the back. Runs a 14.2. You'll take him hands down.

how is that? that setup averages around 13.7, good drivers get 13.3's. I used to have an 03wrx the thing was awesome stock with a good driver who can launch it will get 14.9's

You'll win no question, wrx's are a joke.

i dunno i had one, it was stock, and it was alota fun espically on the highway. 75-140mph in no time. they are lots of fun

the STIs have bigger turbos and are tuned better as I understand.I am about to race an 05 wrx that my friend just got. I'll get vids of him in my rear view!!

2.5 block for the STi along with the turbo.
2.0 block for the wrx smaller turbo
besides other things..

the 04-05 wrx's had different tunes, even more conservative then the 02-03. they are slower

i believe a wrx is a 2.0L and the sti is 2.5L both turboed. You will own a stock wrx. I have a 94 gt with CAI/pulleys/LTs/Flows/3.55s with 200k on the ticker and i am side by side with an STI on the highway so i dont think you will have much trouble. The subarus stock are a joke, but start modding them and they can do some crazy things....

how is that?? STi's are 300hp and own from a roll.. all u have to do is get into boost on the highway and its gone. stock STi's are in the 13.6-13.4 range..

these cars (wrx's and STi's) LOVEEE mods. you dont need to do all that much and the car's screammmmm.. they just require good drivers :nice:

just dont spin and you'll be more then fine

It is true that the STI's have a 2.5L and WRX have 2.0... the STI's used to have a 2.0L because that was the size limit for WRC. The base imprezza has 170hp 4-cyl N/A, WRX = 227hp turbo, STI = 300+hp turbo, STIs are good for 12s stock, but a base WRX is not much of a drag car. I beat an older one last time out and my 5.0 is completely stock. They're probably a low 15-second car at best, unless they're modded.