Met the girl of my dreams today

• Sponsors (?)

WOW, i thought i was gonna have to search for this thread but its on the top lol!

I just finished reading through the 9+ months of posts since the one i left off on. Good job man, looks like she really is a keeper! :nice:

Sorry it took so long to update. I have been swamped at work this week, my supervisor has been out of town this week on vacation, so I have had to pick up the slack. We have also started planning the wedding, we are having a hard time finding a time when the church and the reception hall is open on the same day. So needless to say we haven’t set a date. She has to take here ring in and get it sized I got it one size to large. I also need to get an insurance policy taken out on it right away. So the story on the proposal went like this, Wednesday my friend and I went out to the lake and rode our jet boats around the lake looking for the perfect beach. We wanted to find a beach were we could see the sun set. When we found beaches that had potential we marked them on the GPS. Next we jumped in the ranger and checked them out. ( Some of these beaches were awful hard to get to, but man we had fun going off roadin’ around the lake. The 4X4 came in handy. ) It was after that we decided that it wouldn’t make any sense to go to a beach were we had to use 4wheel drive to get to, simply because I would be in the mustang. And my mustang NEVER even sees a dirt road much less mud. So we had to enter the park, luckily my truck has a park pass, so we entered both sides of the lake to find the perfect beach, finally we found the perfect beach, unfortunately it was a public beach. But it had a paved road leading up to it and the perfect position for a sunset. Since this was a public beach I knew we would have a problem with people messin with our stuff. Well I decided to talk to the park ranger and see what he could do to help us out. After talking to him about fishing for a while I found out that I am related to him, he is my aunts brother in-law. So he gladly agreed to reserve the beach for us after hearing what we were doing. Next on the agenda was getting into the park with the mustang without having to have a park pass. Well luckly again we have always been extremely friendly with the lady that lets cars into the park area, so when I told her what I was doing she agreed to let me in for free as an early engagement present. Then Thursday came around we went out there and picked up all the sticks and trash off of the beach making it look really good. We saved all the sticks and rocks. Friday came around I took off work that morning so I would have plenty of time to get everything set up, I met my pal jeff at my storage unit where I keep my mustang, we jumped in my truck and headed out there to set everything up like you saw in the pictures. After setting everything up I called in carry out olive garden to pick up I ordered three dinners total 2 for us and one for my pal jeff. He ran out to the lake to set everything up like the dinner, the champagne, light the candles, and to rake the sand one last time getting rid of all the foot prints. I grabbed my mustang and headed over to heathers house. She met me outside, I told her that I had forgotten to pay my boat registration and I needed to run out to the lake for a while. So she agreed and we drove out there. After arriving I pulled into the park the lady checking tags just waved and smiled big. Heather is smarter than I took her for she caught it right away she said “What the hell you didn’t pay. You’re up to something Rose.” I kept quiet and rolled up to the beach picnic pointed over and told her look a picnic dinner, she knew then what was up. We ate our dinner and then decided to go for a walk, I had lined the beach with tikki torches, so we could have a romantic walk. After we got about half way up the beach I grabbed 3 roses and told her the line this first rose symbolizes the past the second the present and the last rose the future, after I said future I pointed to the “Will You Marry Me” in the sand and she fell apart, she YELLED “Yes put it on my finger NOW!” So I did and the rest of the night was history. This today I am heading to Missouri to table rock lake with heather and some of my family. I won’t be back till next Monday the 29th. See you guys then, can’t wait to get married! My friends are pumped I will be the first to get married out of us all. (This is probably full of spelling and grammar mistakes but hey I wrote this in like 15 min at work. ) Have a fun week talk to yall’ later.

That's great Andy. Congrats.

What a wonderful story this thread has been. A StangNet romance novel for all the ages to enjoy. From myself to the old men and even the older men (Not mentioning any closet dwellers)...

:nice: Take good care of her. And for once I'm not talking about a Mustang.

Andy came up with his own scenario for popping the big question; he asked (look at the last set of pictures above), she said yes, and now they're trying to figure out a date.

As a little comedic side-story; one guy actually noticed that they managed to get the ring on the correct finger; but the wrong hand! Don't feel bad, I was distracted and missed it too. But at least I had an excuse! I was stuck at Boy Scout Camp with nary a woman in sight! So....... :shrug:

Andy came up with his own scenario for popping the big question; he asked (look at the last set of pictures above), she said yes, and now they're trying to figure out a date.

As a little comedic side-story; one guy actually noticed that they managed to get the ring on the correct finger; but the wrong hand! Don't feel bad, I was distracted and missed it too. But at least I had an excuse! I was stuck at Boy Scout Camp with nary a woman in sight! So....... :shrug:
EXCELLENT!

As far as being stuck w/o a woman in sight....at least you didn't have a dozen or so Nurse Cratchett wannabes looking to skin your hide!:rolleyes:

p.s. you know it's bad when one of them tells me I'm "beefcake" compared to the other male patients they see.:eek:

EXCELLENT!

As far as being stuck w/o a woman in sight....at least you didn't have a dozen or so Nurse Cratchett wannabes looking to skin your hide!:rolleyes:

p.s. you know it's bad when one of them tells me I'm "beefcake" compared to the other male patients they see.:eek:

Hmmmmm....... I'm told -by the Nurse that sleeps with me- that nurses (except maybe ER nurses) don't usually talk to their patients that way .

Methinks she was warm for your form :D
So, like, was she hot?

StangDreamin' said:
Hmmmmm....... I'm told -by the Nurse that sleeps with me- that nurses (except maybe ER nurses) don't usually talk to their patients that way .

Methinks she was warm for your form :D
So, like, was she hot?

Ummmm.......just sooooooo wrong on many levels.:nonono:
1) She's got at least 20 years on me.
2) She's married with children not much younger than me.
3) She's a peer.
4) I'm "beefcake" as compared to their usual (80 - 90 y/o) male patients.............
etc., etc., etc........