Mobil 1

Mr GT 02

Apr 8, 2004
Peabody, MA
Since I bought the car new I have been putting the factory recommended Motorcraft oil in it along with the motorcraft oil filter.
I currenlty have 47,000 miles on the car...should I switch to the
Mobil 1 5w-30 Syn oil? My car is a DD in the summer and sees the strip alot...

and dont tell me to use the search button or imma slap you

• Sponsors (?)

Mr GT 02 said:
Since I bought the car new I have been putting the factory recommended Motorcraft oil in it along with the motorcraft oil filter.
I currenlty have 47,000 miles on the car...should I switch to the
Mobil 1 5w-30 Syn oil? My car is a DD in the summer and sees the strip alot...

and dont tell me to use the search button or imma slap you

Mobil 1 is always a good idea. 5w30 is good all year round in my opinion. Ive never used anything else (besides valvoline synpower which i also like)

1fast03pony said:
Mobil 1 is always a good idea. 5w30 is good all year round in my opinion. Ive never used anything else (besides valvoline synpower which i also like)
koo..

What oil filter do u use?

and does anyone know where I can get the Motorcraft Oil Filter at? besides ford dealerships.....

You've been around long enough to know the answer to your first question.. it's your car, your choice, you know synthetic is better but more expensive.

You get get motorcraft filters at Walmart and Autozone for sure.

Yeah i would switch to a synth oil if it was my car. another brand you might want to look at is amsoil. I did not see that one mentioned here. pricey but good stuff. royal purple is good oil too, latley I heard one guy on another site does not like royal purple but i would not judge on one guy.

Uncle Meat said:
Wow! That oil is a little thin for your climate, don't you think?

I use Mobil 1 10W30 synthetic and a Mobil 1 filter (M1-210)

U.M.

Yup, manufacturer recommendations are 5W-20. Mobil 1 clears there 0W-20 for 5W-20 use. Unlike German V8s, the modular seems to like it thin vs. thick. If I get some minuscule power bump out of running thin, so be it. :)

The Motorcraft oil is actually really good. If you change your oil frequently then stick with the Motorcraft oil. The real benefit of the Mobil1 is how long you can leave it in. I admit that I use mobile1 in my DD's but I change the oil so much in my toy's that I have found the Motorcraft oil more than sufficient. FYI- the Motorcraft oil is a synthetic blend so it's better than most oils anyway. I use the Mobil1 in my Honda and my wifes BMW because those cars don't get driven hard so I change the oil every 5-8k. If I work the toys hard I change the oil right away.

I used to do the Purolator Pure One filter but my hands are big and it was hard for me to get them off. So I switched to a K&N Oil filter cause besides being high quality, I like the 1" nut at the end I can use a socket on.