MOD Day has come: need advice.

jetuomi

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
Toronto, ON
Hey all, I've been saving and saving (and buying and buying) parts for a year now, and finally the day has come, I'm making a massive top-end change to the car.. figure its best while everything is apart to change everything (keeping the stock bottom-end)..

So what I'm looking for is any advice, tips, tricks, places where you went wrong, etc, when building your top-ends...

Here's what I'm upgrading;

- FTI Cam, FMS Billet Timing Chain, Hydraulic Roller Lifters, Pushrods
- Edelbrock Heads (with ARP head studs), 1.6 Scorpion RR's, valve covers
- RPM2 Intake, 70mm t-body, 80mm MAF, 24 lb injectors, AFPR
- Long-tubes, H-pipe

So far I know to check my valve-train geometry and (maybe) get new pushrods..

Any other advice? I hope to have this ready by April 1...

TX !!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I hope you do awesome!!! I'm doing some work too. Cept mine is gonna be a trans, 3.73's, an E cam, and porting and polishing heads and intake. I know i don't have all that many parts, but march 13 is a comin, and it's all gotta be on in 10 days!!!

94Blue302GT said:
I hope you do awesome!!! I'm doing some work too. Cept mine is gonna be a trans, 3.73's, an E cam, and porting and polishing heads and intake. I know i don't have all that many parts, but march 13 is a comin, and it's all gotta be on in 10 days!!!

Tx, I've been waiting for this day since I first bought my stang (haha, mod hungry!).. it should be fun... :nice:

I am currently in the middle of finshing this up, and although I am having some problems don't let that discourage you. This is my first car and I managed to get everything taken apart and put back together with the help of a Haynes manual, my dad, and everyone here on stangnet.

I would read all of my posts about this, I think they cover just about everything! I would also talk to Ed if you have some questions, he has been great about helping me out whenever possible.

Most of all, just take your time and don't get in a hurry. I would also have some money ready to spend on either a chip or tweecer, this was one mistake I made, and now I kinda stuck until I get a tweecer or a chip. What the cam on you LSA, btw? 114* or below might give you some trouble.

Good luck, and keep us informed!

red94fiveo said:
I am currently in the middle of finshing this up, and although I am having some problems don't let that discourage you. This is my first car and I managed to get everything taken apart and put back together with the help of a Haynes manual, my dad, and everyone here on stangnet.

I would read all of my posts about this, I think they cover just about everything! I would also talk to Ed if you have some questions, he has been great about helping me out whenever possible.

Most of all, just take your time and don't get in a hurry. I would also have some money ready to spend on either a chip or tweecer, this was one mistake I made, and now I kinda stuck until I get a tweecer or a chip. What the cam on you LSA, btw? 114* or below might give you some trouble.

Good luck, and keep us informed!

I've just set aside on my VISA (haha) money for a Tweecer, I'm anticipating using it (but I can also sell my FMS EFI Extender for more $$).. the cam is to be picked up soon so I actually don't know, but I told ED that its a 94 car with idle issues so its at least 112...

Thanks, I'm pumped.. !!!