More Problems Help

Jmanbigd

Sep 25, 2007
Alright the check engine light came on the other day. Get a diagnostic run and it says it’s the cam positioning sensor. I replaced the sensor and got the car cleared by advanced auto parts. Now the freaked light comes back on. It’s having some trouble starting and I'm just getting really aggravated by the problems. I think I have it narrowed down. I think it’s a bad alternator; bad spark plugs or some build up on my battery on the terminals which I’m going to clean this weekend. It’s a 2002 Mustang Gt with only 78,000 miles. The catch is I’m not sure but I think it has a 01 engine in it. Because the 2002 cam Sensor didn't fit but the 01 did. So does anyone have any suggestions because I am out of ideas? Also one other thing that was mentioned was something wrong with the cam it’s self but it’s a stock car and I do run it hard but I can't believe I would tear up my cam so fast.

• Sponsors (?)

I say alt, seem's tobe a common problem on 2002 up Mustangs, do a search on here and you'll sea...now not sure what to tell you about the cam sensor as they are ALL the same on 1996 to 2004 Mustangs .....:shrug:

Im guessing you bought one from a "parts store":D