More T-45 Blues..Any suggestions?

MikeZ28 said:
i hate too tell you this. but yes you have damage too the trans. is it a little better without the stops. becuase the stops is what did it.

to replace the forks your looking at a whole trans rebuild. your probally better off tring too find a T-45 in a bone yard.

yeah so it's not the fluid. you can use that after your rebuild. when the car pops out of gear it puts a HUGE amount of force on the shift forks. and they can't handle that.

again i am soory too be the bringer of bad news. but you can thank those little nuts and bolts for this.

:damnit: This really sucks...Would I be better off rebuilding this tranny or buying yet another used one that probably has the same issues? I looked at the tremec tko/3550 and they aren't to bad priced from 50resto ( about 1300 i think for the tko) but you have to buy a new bell housing and everything else wich means yet more money plus they said the cable and forks need to be changed and all that good stuff..not to mention it says you may have to modify the cross member..I guess what I am asking is what are my options and what price range would I be looking at each way? I hate that you had to bring bad news but at least I know not to keep waisting money and time...wich is why I may have to save and jsut upgrade since I plan to ad more mods later...how long do you think the tranny is going to last?

• Sponsors (?)

9646gt said:
:damnit: This really sucks...Would I be better off rebuilding this tranny or buying yet another used one that probably has the same issues? I looked at the tremec tko/3550 and they aren't to bad priced from 50resto ( about 1300 i think for the tko) but you have to buy a new bell housing and everything else wich means yet more money plus they said the cable and forks need to be changed and all that good stuff..not to mention it says you may have to modify the cross member..I guess what I am asking is what are my options and what price range would I be looking at each way? I hate that you had to bring bad news but at least I know not to keep waisting money and time...wich is why I may have to save and jsut upgrade since I plan to ad more mods later...how long do you think the tranny is going to last?

it is hard too say how long it will last.. i would just do your best too avoid it falling out of gear. the tko tannys are real nice. and don't use the shifter stops on that tranny.

all you need for a tko swap is the tranny, bellhousing and maybe a clutch disc. it's not a hard swap. or you can try and find somebody too replace the forks in your t-45 ( probally cheaper)