Most efficient way to mr clean ur engine compartment

• Sponsors (?)

spray simple green onto everything (except distributor), let soak a few minutes. Then I use a water filled spray bottle to rinse the simple green away. I am too afraid that the pressure washer will cause damage like breaking those stupid hard plastic vacuum lines.

Anything persistent may need some rubbing. I like to use a tooth brush with simple green on the black wire looms...gets 'em real pretty.

Anyone attend a 40th mustng aniversary where they were at? Happy b-day mustang! :banana:

What I used to do before I polished the engine bay up. And I still use ths method on engine bays non chrome or polished. I take a plastic bag and rubber band cover up any electrical part such as alt, distributor.

I then spray the hell out of the bay w/ simple green i even found this stuff in a purple bottle in a autoparts store that worked awesome name brand is not clicking right now Valvoline I think made it. Anyhow let it do its job soaking now scrub any tough grimmy parts. I then spray the bay down w/ a power washer now i dont blast the thing. Use a fan mist and keep the nozzle far away from everything just use it to give a bit more pressure than a garden hose. Just try not to blast the sensitive areas like wire harness to much.
Once done fire up the motor let it dry. After is cools down apray some tire cleaneror silicone type spray around the bay. It should look awesome. If the bay is really bad it may require another cleaning before the final dressing.
Good Luck

i used orange clean or simple green because they are hippy friendly and wont eat hoses. then i get a 2 sided dish sponge and scrub down everything, then start the car and pressure wash while its running, then get some of that tire black spray and spray everything. makes it shiny and hoses black. smells good too mmm

I have mostly everything chrome or polished in my engine compartment.. I just hate the oil stains right by the vavle covers or around the water pump.. So simple green or any engine cleaner with a spunge/toothbrush.. Sounds easy enough, I think a pressure washer would be kind of harsh too, I'll stay away from that.. thanks guys !