most efficient way to spend $600

gotchopsticks

Sep 4, 2004
i was thinking of adding a set of cams, maybe VT stage 2, or something along that line, but i now have just over 50k on the car and i dont kno with that amount of miles it would be smart to switch cams. i want to invest a few more bucks into it, and dont kno where to put it. any ideas? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

ya i was thinking gears alo, but i do alot of freeway driving, and i dont want to be spinning ~3000rpm while cruising. i have a diablosport, will that work for a tune if i get cams?

predator wont let YOU tune it enough... so thats a no go.

as for gas mileage i still get 18-19mpg around town and i got 25mpg during a road trip going abotu 65 the whole way... i got 30mpg with the stock gear running 70 in 95* degree heat in July of last year tho...

the gas mileage hit is worth the yank that you get when you step on it in 1st and 2nd gear alone lol... and it makes passing on the highway MUCH easier... dont have to downshift into 4th, just roll into the gas...

i will say that if you dont have sticky tires like i did, i was running 245/45R17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, youll be doing a lot of spinning the tires... makes for great fun lol... the 315/35R17 sumitomos fixed that tho :)

predator wont let YOU tune it enough... so thats a no go.

as for gas mileage i still get 18-19mpg around town and i got 25mpg during a road trip going abotu 65 the whole way... i got 30mpg with the stock gear running 70 in 95* degree heat in July of last year tho...

the gas mileage hit is worth the yank that you get when you step on it in 1st and 2nd gear alone lol... and it makes passing on the highway MUCH easier... dont have to downshift into 4th, just roll into the gas...

i will say that if you dont have sticky tires like i did, i was running 245/45R17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, youll be doing a lot of spinning the tires... makes for great fun lol... the 315/35R17 sumitomos fixed that tho :)

i have read tons of articles about gears, and what ratio, and ups and downs, and all that, so i am pretty familiar with the info, but are you sure yur driving a gt? i mean, 30mpg??? you must have a special car. the best i ever got was 24, but i was doing about 85-90. but looks like i am sold on the gears...i dont drive the car much anyways because of my bike. i think since i have owned a motorcycle, i have driven the car 800 miles, in 8 months. but i have 285/40/17 BFG KDW's, and even with stock gears i can spin the tires shifting to second...