Motor screaming like a belt slipping

spock2001us

Aug 23, 2005
Today motor is screaming to no end. It sounds like the belt slipping but it is not. While driving, it is quiet, when I push in the clutch, it screams, then when let up, it stops screaming and is quiet. Come to a stop at a traffic light, push the clutch in, it starts screaming again. Very high pitched sound does not change with rev of engine, just whether I push in clutch or not. Change in sound when playing with clutch. Parked and gear in neutral, motor screams too. Start to drive, engage clutch, scream goes away.

Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Your throwout bearing is dead and needs replacing. Basically, the throwout bearing is between the clutch fork and pressure plate, letting you match up the spinning pressure plate with the static clutch fork with little friction. The squealing means the throwout bearing has worn out and it's tearing itself apart with the friction. You'll have to drop the transmission in order to replace it. If you haven't done so before, this is a good time to replace the clutch, pilot bearing and rear main seal.

Yup most def a throw out bearing but dont forget to replace everything while your down there such as bearing retainer,pivot ball, and so on and so on just a reminder if you dident already know. What kind of clutch you going with? just curious

Yup most def a throw out bearing but dont forget to replace everything while your down there such as bearing retainer,pivot ball, and so on and so on just a reminder if you dident already know. What kind of clutch you going with? just curious

I dunno, have not got that far yet...LOL...any suggestions? I plan to buy the parts online, then call around to find a trans shop to do the work. So far my list is:

Throwout bearing, Bearing Retainer, Pivot ball, and Rear main seal...any others?

OK....looking on 50resto they have complete all in one kits.

Thanks

Ya they have some pretty good kits on there with pretty much every thing you will need be sure to inspect your clutch fork for any flaws. As for a good clutch i run the FRPP king cobra clutch and so far i like it has held up to everything ive thrown at it ram has some pretty good clutches.