Motor/Trans mount suggestions

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
It's time to do these.

I know I want urethane motor mounts. It's down to either Energy Suspension or Prothane. Late Model Restoration also makes a set that I would buy, but they say it "may" raise the height of the engine. I literally cannot move it up an inch, as the nitrous plate and raised plenum are already touching the hood blanket (as well as the nitrous solenoids).

If any of these brands raise the height, please let me know.

Does anyone have any brand preference for these?

And also, for the transmission mount. Is a Ford replacement mount good enough, or should I go urethane also? I know the motor mounts are under a lot more stress, but if the urethane is going to be a nice difference with the trans mount I'll get a urethane replacement.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

go with the urethane motor mounts and trans mount thats what i used they are awesome. also changed trans crossmember with better one and it came with the urethane mount.

i just put in energy suspension motor mounts.. very nice mounts and the front end feel waay better now too.. also it raised the motor almost an inch and gave me ~1" of clearance at my headers.. they used to hit on the old motor mounts but now there is space between them and the mounts..

theyre a good one to go with :nice:

Well I'm glad to hear that they work well.

The problem is clearance though... I can't raise the engine any. I wonder if the Prothane mounts raise as well?

Solid mounts would be cool. I was always under the impression that the entire car would shake apart though, lol.

I didn't notice any change in the height of the engine in my Mach once I installed the Energy Suspension mounts, but I installed Prothane Mounts in my 91, & they raised the motor so much, that the cutch fan rubbed on the fan shroud BADLY. I had to return them & get the energy mounts instead & all was fine after that....

I put the poly mounts latemodel sells on my car. Way more vibration now I have to say. Didn't notice a height increase.

I'm thinking that LMR and Energy Suspension are the same mounts. They use the same picture and similar part numbers.

Good to hear, I may go with theirs if they are really Energy Suspension mounts. I don't mind the extra vibration... car is a rattle trap anyway, haha.

I didn't notice any change in the height of my engine in Mach once I installed the Energy Suspension mounts, but I tried to install Prothane Mounts inmy 91, & they raised the motor so much, that the cutch fan rubbed on the fan shroud BADLY. I had to return them & get the energy mounts instead & all was fine after that....

Wow, forget that. Thanks for the heads up. There's only a $10 price difference between the Prothane and Energy mounts, but I've heard all good about the ES mounts and nothing about the Prothanes...:shrug: Maybe that's why.

i only noticed the raise from the the bottom part of the motor...dont think it was a full 1" but it gave me some clearance...cant even tell the motor has been raised a tad...so you'll be fine

why cant you raise the motor any?

i only noticed the raise from the the bottom part of the motor...dont think it was a full 1" but it gave me some clearance...cant even tell the motor has been raised a tad...so you'll be fine

why cant you raise the motor any?

Ah alright I see what you're saying about it creating clearance over the stock mounts now...:nice:

I can't have it sit any higher because the intake plenum and nitrous solenoid is already rubbing the hood blanket.

It's a raised aftermarket plenum sitting on top of a thick nitrous plate, and the solenoids mount to a bracket that attaches to the plenum. So double trouble with that, haha.

So if I have issues with my header clearance will new motor mounts help in my case? From what most of y'all are posting it should.. a little off from the original problem sorry!