MRT Hood Strut Group Purchase

FLY2kGT said:
All I can say is that I just did a quick two minute search and found them on the net for $99 all day long...with ebay coming in a little cheaper. Like everyone else said, usually a bigger break for a group buy. I saw there is only four orders, but would be willing to bet there would be more for a better price (that's how it usually works; a good price is given and the orders will come-not get the orders and decide the price).

The current MRT hood strut prices are as follows:

MRT Hood Struts - 2005 Mustang $99.00
05 Mustang Black Painted Hood struts $109.99
05 Mustang Clear coat finished hood struts $109.99
99-04 Mustang Hood Struts $109.99
99-04 Mustang Black Painted Hood Struts $119.95
99-04 Mustang Clear coat finished Hood Struts $119.95

U.M.

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, I just spoke to MRT today and they are now offering 10% off. :nice:

We need to get 15 confirmed orders though before we can get the discount. Email me if you are interested and I will give you the details.

All I can say is that the MRT struts are sweet.
They are very low key, and stay back out of the way, whereas all the other brands extend towards the front of the car, some ridiculously so.
I'm really not a fan of leaning on a hood strut to reach in the engine compartment.
The MRT's are also a very easy install.
How easy, you ask?
So easy even I could do it.
If you knew me, you would realize how serious that statement is. :D

Good news...we met our goal and the kits are being shipped out. Anyone else calling from here on out will automatically get the 10% discount on the hood struts through this gp. So if you are interested, email me at and I will give you the ordering details.

Here is a pic of my installed struts. These kits really are very high quality. I am very impressed with them.

Attachments

• hood strut web.JPG
    hood strut web.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 125
Easy install?

What is necessary to attach these to the car? rivets, drilling, etc? anyone got/ did you get with the kit, the installation instructions that you would care to share? Thanks.

Proprods suck.

Part Deux

GenoTex said:
What is necessary to attach these to the car? rivets, drilling, etc? anyone got/ did you get with the kit, the installation instructions that you would care to share? Thanks.

Proprods suck.

I see now, on the original thread, and the link to their site, the basics of what is involved. THanks for the effort, but that is ONE UGLY bracket. I'd rather prop mine up than put that on my car. I'll look around for another product and perhaps come up with something even better.

Recently I arranged, on another site, a strut gp for a different car. I think I'll give him a call and let him know about it and see what he says.

GenoTex said:
I see now, on the original thread, and the link to their site, the basics of what is involved. THanks for the effort, but that is ONE UGLY bracket. I'd rather prop mine up than put that on my car. I'll look around for another product and perhaps come up with something even better.

Recently I arranged, on another site, a strut gp for a different car. I think I'll give him a call and let him know about it and see what he says.

Man, you 05+ guys are hard to please! :D

I personally like the brackets on MRT's 05+ kit. But that is just my opinion.

Is the picture correct?

2000 4.6 said:
... :D ....I personally like the brackets ....

Is the picture accurate... I see a bracket with seven holes in it, staring me in the face every time I lift the hood? Surely not :( Can't the manufacturer take the effort to find the ONE hole that works and manufacture a custom piece? Considering the prices are even increased for this model, that seems ludicrous to have to put up with. JMO :D

Yes, the picture is accurate. They do show the bare stainless steel on a black 05 which is obviously going to stand out more. Like I said though, I personally like the look better than if it were just all metal (with no holes).

Maybe they did all of the holes for weight savings and increased hp.
:lol:

Not to cause trouble but do the majority of you guys prefer these over the redline tuning elite ones? I was thinking off getting a set of theirs but may be interested in these?

the redline hood lifts mount at about the middle of the fender. so when you open the hood, they block the side access of the engine bay. the MRT lifts mount behind the struts and are out of the way.