MUSCLECAR SHOOTOUT

• Sponsors (?)

Darn! Here I thought I was posting it (see the talk section)

It was a shame though that what should/coulda been killers were hamstrung.
(fried clutch on the hemi car and the 454 SS had 3.31 rear)

I was suprised to see the AMX put in such a poor showing.

I was also shocked to see how well the Buick HANDLED for the year and size.

i wish i saw that. hey can you tell me how the AMX faird among the competition? my brother has a 1969 AMX 390(has many muscle mods, not stock) but he wont take it to the stip and rarely takes it over 85

muscle car

i saw it also, that Boss9 was running real good the driver of the cars said(who said these Boss429 cars dont run bull----!, it was good to see that it ran a fast 0-60 and 1\4 and that holeshot was nice, i liked those other musclecars to, pretty close on all cars.

390Fe said:
My fault, I posted it in the talk section while MCABOSS (who is probably tickled pink by the results :D ) posted in the tech forum and will probably get scolded for it soon :rlaugh:

Well I didn't get into trouble just yet so I thought I'd post this link to the MOPAR guys and their thoughts!!

MOPAR GUYS RESPONSE

Check out this thread.

Blame it on the tires, the clutch... anything. Granted, some people there don't realize it's not a perfect test, and their ego can't take the hit that the awesome HEMI doesn't win everything.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads...page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=all&vc=1

pabear89 said:
:shrug: Do they need more things to Whine about?

If you beat a Ford Fan, They will say see you next week and go Tinker on it.

Whoop a Mopar, And they Whine my Hemi has too much power it keeps breaking things. :rolleyes:

Run what Ya Brung as We said in the Old Days. :p

PB

it breaks cuz its a

Mostly
Old
Parts
And
Rust

:D they are just upset the Ford rules once again. and on that site they were all "why didnt they use a 440-6 pac" and to that I say, "why didnt we run a 427 side oiler a/c cobra or a boss 429 :D "

THE AMX RANKED THE WORST AMONG ALL OF THE CARS!

It was great to see the Boss 429 whoop up on all of them. The best 1/4 and the best burnout.

The MOPAR guys should be a little upset but the car used had a problem. But hey, isnt the HEMI overrated anyways?

UNVMATT said:
THE AMX RANKED THE WORST AMONG ALL OF THE CARS!

It was great to see the Boss 429 whoop up on all of them. The best 1/4 and the best burnout.

The MOPAR guys should be a little upset but the car used had a problem. But hey, isnt the HEMI overrated anyways?

ya but if the boss broke, theyd be all "hahah Fixed Or Repaired Daily had a problem, poj"

Several years ago I used to subscribe to a Musclecar mag. I don't recall the name, but it was mostly high dollar, correct cars only type of thing. Anyway, they featured a Buick GS in it and talked with the owner (who bought the car new) and he said it would run a low 13 -high 12 stock ('cept for the radial tires). Then some loudmouth who owned a Hemi 'Cuda reda the feature and wrote in as to how slow the Buicks were, how fast his car was , etc. Since both owners lived in the Georgia area, they invited them to meet at the strip and settle it, which they did, To make a long story short, the Buick flat whomped the over-rated Hemi car (by a full second if I remember right) and the Mopar guy sounded exactly like the bunch on the Mopar board. Bitch, whine and moan and talk about how fast THEIR car is compared to the one in the test. Some things never change...

I personally think the shootout was fair. Shoot the LS6 was looking to be the winner. It was the Burnout Competition that put the Stang ahead. I knew it was going to win that because when they did the burnout at the track, the boss went kind of squirly = Lots of power to the ground. I also think the hosts pretty much new that this was going to stir up fuss among CM and Mopar. but they made it clear that this was a test of how the cars were going to come off the showroom. Ever car had posi and pretty much had standard gears. The Mopar was the only car to have a dual quad setup. I was Shocked at how poorly the AMX performed.

i saw it also, that Boss9 was running real good the driver of the cars said(who said these Boss429 cars dont run bull----!,

I loved that part. You know if you order the DVD, you get the full version. Stuff they couldn't show on TV and other comments made by the hosts.