Mustang GT vs WS6 Trans AM!!!!!!

Ok some of you guys might think this is a dumb question but I want to see if anyone knows...... the question is can a 99+ GT beat a 2001 ws6 trans am??
I am wondering because my boss has a WS6 Trans am and he always shoots me sh*! about how my Mustang will never beat his trans am and him being my boss I just take it.........but heres the catch A. It is an automatic and my GT is a 5sp and has an exhaust and cold air intake (I know its not much but it counts). and B. I drove his ws6 and it just didn't feel like it was as snappy as my mustang. Anyways I am just interested to know......if I am totally wrong just let me know....... I am just curious, also it will give us something to talk about.

• Sponsors (?)

The LS1 is a good engine. Usually puts out 320-330 rwhp, a little less when the car's an auto. I'd bet anyone can run 13.6 with an auto WS6 so you will get killed. A GT can obviously win against one but it will take some mods.

It might not feel as strong as your 5sp but it certainly is.

Don't talk too much sh|t ! :D

R3VO3VOM said:
Ok some of you guys might think this is a dumb question but I want to see if anyone knows...... the question is can a 99+ GT beat a 2001 ws6 trans am??
I am wondering because my boss has a WS6 Trans am and he always shoots me sh*! about how my Mustang will never beat his trans am and him being my boss I just take it.........but heres the catch A. It is an automatic and my GT is a 5sp and has an exhaust and cold air intake (I know its not much but it counts). and B. I drove his ws6 and it just didn't feel like it was as snappy as my mustang. Anyways I am just interested to know......if I am totally wrong just let me know....... I am just curious, also it will give us something to talk about.
:bang:

please tell me your car has a blower....please.... :shrug:

If it doesn't, you are gonna get :owned: stick or auto ws6 = :flame: you

You might hang with him, depending on driving skills, up until 3rd gear and that's where your better gears and weight will start gettin walked by his superior horsepower.

Racing is fun, even if you lose.

Keep telling yourself that, or you'll feel really bad when you do (and you will).

But who cares. I'd do it anyway just for the fun of it.

Only ricers say, "I don't want to race you, it won't be fare".

DO IT! it'll give you reason to buy more parts.

Ian

put some 4.10s in your bitch and run him, it'll be a lot closer.... right now you have absolutely no chance unless he totally spins it off the line and you can jump out in the lead, even then he will catch you quickly especially in third gear.

Aight this is the way I see it. First off i dont think you need DR's and a ton of crap to hang with a ws6. My friends 00-02 ?? Ws6 runs anywhere from 8.8-8.9 1/8th mile stock and now with longtubes, O/R y and SLP catback (which isn't much better than stock ws6 exhuast) runs consistent 8.7's and often 8.6's. I'm havin the same problem u are. He talks crap actually his brother talks crap and his brother has a 6cyl Stang with body kit and 9" wing and glowin lights on the underbody :rolleyes: . I'm runnin 9.05 right now with a decent 60ft but not the best. All I have installed is what u see in my sig pretty much O/R hipe bein only power mod. So i'm guessin with my UDP,s and my Steeda TA and subframes I should be damn close to 8.7-8.8 i'm hopein. Then when I get my 4.10's I hope pull him through 3rd. I dont recommend u to race any higher than 3rd or its a lil diffrent story than what I just said. I could be wrong but I dunno. Just go have fun and be SAFE!!!

SFgiants25 said:
Then when I get my 4.10's I hope pull him through 3rd.

That's not gonna happen man, regardless of what you do unless you have a power adder. Those cars have more horsepower, it's as simple as that. 3rd those things pull like a raped ape. You need to tree and 60' his ass at the track so that he can't catch up. Sorry, but it's true.

unless you slash his tires you dont have a chance :( your manual may help at the beginning but then the ws6's raw power will kick in. this happened when my brother raced his stock jetta (5spd) against a friends Mustang (AT). but its worth a try :nice:

Its very possible to run them without a power adder, although you need headwork and cams etc... I pull WS6's and SS's in my car, although I have a lot of work done, there is no way a near stock GT is going to hold up with one of them, especially '01 and '02 where they make more power to the wheels than the 98-00's.....

R3VO3VOM said:
Ok some of you guys might think this is a dumb question but I want to see if anyone knows...... the question is can a 99+ GT beat a 2001 ws6 trans am??.
I found this article in Motor Trend March 2002, its about the Mustang Cobra that has 320 HP, here's what they had to say about it... "the 320-hp svt mustang cobra is long overdue for a power increase- the Camaro SS and the Trans AM WS6 routinely embarrassed the Cobra to 60 mph and through the quarter mile." if the cobra dont stand a chance, you dont stand a chance