Mustang won't start

• Sponsors (?)

These are some stupid questions, but before you let the dealer lop off a couple of limbs and hold on to your car for 4 or 5 weeks here goes:

1. Is your fuel pressure normal?
2. Do you have any blown fuses?
3. Have you tried clearing the KAM for the PCM?

I hope it turns out to be something simple... :nice:

well, we had the dealer tow it away. fuel pressure was fine, no blown fuses and i dont even know what number 3 was.

the guy said they usually find the problem within the first hour. it can only be so many things. guess ill just ahve to bear with it and pay the big bux.

FlatBlackFiveOh said:
PLEASE help me. im about to have the dealer tow it and rape me to fix it!!!!!!!

****, i know for a fact it's not the IAC..

if you try running the car with a malfunctioning MAF Sensor you won't be able to start your car. Your MAF sensor is screwed.

IAC my ass. :rolleyes:

My car is acting up also, went out to start it this morning and the theft light started flashing, usually it will only do it once or twice and stop but this morning I tried for 10 mins and the same result each time, needless to say I was late to work, (but thats beside the point). I have recently changed batteries to an Optima red top, and it has plently of juice...Does anyone why this happends? please tell me, its very annoying!

williamsracing said:
wow, i really wish you were about 24 hours earlier, dealer just called, MAF is dead. only $550 to fix it, including the tow. ****ers.

yeah, i don't know why everyone was saying IAC. If the IAC was malfunctioning you can still start your car. Though you have to have your foot on the gas a little. Sorry to hear that bro but at least you found the problem..

also turns out that from all the trying to start the car and all the missfires it blew a hole in the back of the intake, so now i gotta spend $650 for a new plastic intake and labor, plus $550 for the MAF and labor and the towing and diagnostics. this so royally sux ass!!!!!