my 2011GT exhaust sounds

billfisher

Jul 17, 2005
huntsville, AL
ok the phone video just plain sucks, but the sounds are right.

1st video im pulling out of a gas staion where the road is wet. i cant shift fast with it spinning as hard as it was.

2nd is a 4th gear pull. i know i say 3rd in the video

3rd is cruising and quiet.

4th video is pulling out near the plant.

YouTube - Exhaust 1

YouTube - IMG 1198

YouTube - Exhaust 4

exhaust is stock headers, lethal 3" offroad xpipe, stock resonators, roush axleback.
when its dry ill do some hard, quick shifting and video it.

• Sponsors (?)

it will hit 7500 pretty easy. i wasnt looking at the tach. its at about 420rwhp right now. i just bought a 82mm throttle body. its supposed to be good for 25rwtq/10rwhp.

with the boss302 intake manifold i preordered i expect in the 440rwhp range.

435rwhp is average for full bolt ons with 93 octane. there is still more tuning, aftermarket throttle bodies, and the boss302 intake out there.

im going to dyno mine after i install the L&M throttle body i just ordered. i expect 430rwhp/410rwtq.

lethal claims 10rwhp/25rwtq from the throttle body alone-- no tuning required.

i dyno'd 398rwhp/387rwtq with just x-pipe and tune.

Yeah a few more months until the Boss intake comes out; I am ready to see independent test.
JPC is also testing some cams I believe and they are around $800 which isn't too bad.

I imagine boss intake, cold air intake, full exhaust and other basic items are going to put some serious power down.

Get you a blower and enjoy not making payments each month haha :nice:

I put down 391 with a 93 octane tune only. I expect to be over 400 now with my intake :drool:

Ya it sucks having to pay for the car but it was the only way I could get a decent reliable fun car without making my parent pay for it which I didnt want them too in the first place..

I just put my GT on the 93 Tune and I guess it gained 15hp at most lol but its fun.:flag:

Where the heck have you been, Bill?

Car sounds great! Get that sucker to the track!

im not gonna run it at the track till its paid for. i know ill blow the clutch. i wanna get the car done and get the turbo car ready for the race season.

a boss clutch will be a mod ill do before sticky tires and a track session. its a dyno queen till then.

im also going to buy another cadillac after i pay this off. i enjoyed driving the SLS and want another caddy for me.