My 331... she's alive !!!!

• Sponsors (?)

At least its not as bad as it could have been. Looks to be an easy fix over all but still sucks non the less. At least it is at the time to put it up for the year anyway and you can still work on it in your garage so hopefully by the time spring rolls around you will be good to go.

Ya its a drag to have to tear into again like this but oh well... wanna play you gotta pay... Just glad nothing was damaged.

Think I'm gonna swap my 355s back in while its down.... not really digging the 373s and the powerband on this motor is low/mid range anyway.

Upgraded studs arrived.... quite abit more meat to these than the originals. The radius up top is way larger at about 3/16 compared to 1/16 .... as well as a beefier radius on the underside where it bolts down the guide plate.
Lenght is 3/16 longer to boot.

If purchasing an older pair of AFR's I would def check the studs and replace with the upgrades...I checked my valves and have a nice centered .050 - .060 wear line so I'm thinking my geometry/PR lenght is good and this was actually luck on my behalf to be at idle and snap....:nonono:

AFR p/n 6409 ... 3/8 rocker stud

UpgradedAFRstud.jpg