My Big Block Fox Finished Product...56k Warning

• Sponsors (?)

No, it was a matter of finding the right manifold on the pass. side to clear everything. I think I found the right one but the studs stick out far and almost touch the firewall so there isnt enough room to get the flange on them and stuff. Im working on that today. Drivers side fit just fine, but the steering linkage rubs the dipstick and you can feel that in the car, annoying. So Im either going to shave down the manifold studs or beat on the firewall. People always say get headers but they are very expensive, a bitch to put in, and they dont clear manual trannys from what I hear. And no Im not getting a tub. K because of the price and its too much work at this stage.

SmockDoiley said:
No, it was a matter of finding the right manifold on the pass. side to clear everything. I think I found the right one but the studs stick out far and almost touch the firewall so there isnt enough room to get the flange on them and stuff. Im working on that today. Drivers side fit just fine, but the steering linkage rubs the dipstick and you can feel that in the car, annoying. So Im either going to shave down the manifold studs or beat on the firewall. People always say get headers but they are very expensive, a bitch to put in, and they dont clear manual trannys from what I hear. And no Im not getting a tub. K because of the price and its too much work at this stage.

Yeah i did a budget build and im outta money now, or at least until my credit limit is raised, then the new heads and custom cam will be in the car :) Those swap headers fit barely in there, they sometimes rub the steering shaft, both sides were a PITA, but i can't imagine what manifolds are like probably a nightmare.

it ALMOST fit under the 2.5" cowl that i used to have on there, ned another 1" of clearance, i just got the 6" cowl because summit only had one 4" in stock and it was cracked, i said F*** it and went for the 6", it was cheaper anyways. I suppose if you used the torker II, and a drop base aircleaner with a very small element, it could possibly fit, but it doesn't leave much room for breathing.

I really love the smooth look of the stock hood.

But I'm thinking about going with a hood scoop.

I don't really like cowls.

Smockdoiley:

The red stang on your site is the 460 right?

Are the stats on it updated?
I don't remember seeing anything about a 460.

emeraldcoupe said:
i think the power at the wheels is a little optomistic. with that build i'd say the engine makes between 430-450 hp and mabey mid to high 300's at the wheels. i had the same basic build with a smaller cam, 230 duration .530 lift single pattern, weiand stealth,750 holley, and ported dove c's( same head as his) and my engine made about 425 crank hp 510 ft/lbs. went high 12's at 107 in a 4000lb tbird

we'll see what the ET is when i get to the track in the summer. Im hoping for 12s, and atleast low 400s at the wheels.

ExplodingGopher said:
Pics updated on front page, New exhaust system going on as we speak, new custom offroad H pipe, flowmaster original 40 series, side exits. I will update with more pics and some sound clips as it develops.

Come on man,when you gonna put some juice to it? :)

Lol,yea it should run a 12's with out a problem.

I would say shoot for 11's with slicks.

:nice:

P.S. I was serious,put a damn plate kit on it already...:D

Maybe in the future.

But...the flows are 2.5" in/out, i got a good deal at summit today, the rest of the system is LT headers to a 3" H-pipe and maybe into some reducers and flows. Do you think that the 2.5" is gonna kill HP and TQ significantly? Should i just cut off the 2.5" ends and weld on some 3" tubing since the case sizes are the same? I need some advice.

took the mufflers to work and expanded the 2.5" in/out to 3" ID, the 3" looks huge for the muffler case though lol.

Past weekend i installed new plug wires, flex-a-lite model 210 dual elec. fans (awesome fans), replaced all valve seals, cleaned up wiring in engine bay.

Next weekend is exhaust system, oil change and first season firing with the new flows on it.

ExplodingGopher said:
took the mufflers to work and expanded the 2.5" in/out to 3" ID, the 3" looks huge for the muffler case though lol.

Past weekend i installed new plug wires, flex-a-lite model 210 dual elec. fans (awesome fans), replaced all valve seals, cleaned up wiring in engine bay.

Next weekend is exhaust system, oil change and first season firing with the new flows on it.

Will you have an updated pic w/ sound clip then?

:shrug: