My Brand New 2015 Mustang Gt - Transmission And Body Issues

• Sponsors (?)

What did the dealership say after driving the car? Has it been to more than one dealership for a second opinion? Did you accompany the tech on the test drive?

Dealerships have not listed a transmission problem in writing officially.

It does seem it could be a damaged syncro (or something associated with a syncro).

I asked Ford dealership and Ford to change the transmission fluid and look for metal deposits etc. They would not authorize it.

Note: The rebuild was contingent on dealers listing in writing that there was a problem with the transmission etc. Dealerships don't seem to want to get involved.
Oh sht... They won't even rebuild it!? Yeah man I dunno what I'd do. Maybe lawyer up and get something from the 3rd party transmisson shop saying that the transmisson is bad and let the lawyer do the rest.
*Another idea* How bad is it? Will it get you to and from work? Maybe just keep driving it and hope it breaks (within reason, not exceeding warranty) and won't get you from A to B. Then get it to the dealer and they couldn't deny it wasn't broken. Neither option is too good though, good luck.

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros. *Though, a Ford dealership still has NOT given me anything in writing that lists a problem they could find with transmission.*

Here is what I asked you: What did the dealership say after driving the car? Has it been to more than one dealership for a second opinion? Did you accompany the tech on the test drive?

This is your response @15Mustang : during most recent visit Ford dealership listed something to effect of "could not duplicate concern" in writing

Here is my take on this... What the dealership actually reports and what they say "something to the effect of" leave a lot of room for interpretation. Their actual service report would be more helpful here. Third time I've asked this question to you, HAS IT BEEN TO MORE THAN ONE DEALERSHIP FOR A SECOND OPINION? This is also the third time I've asked you this question, DID YOU ACCOMPANY THE TECH ON THE TEST DRIVE?

It is hard to help you with the limited information that you share, and I want to help you here. If you are having a conflict with one particular dealer, find another one. Any Ford dealer will honor your warranty. If the tech can not reproduce your concern then ask to accompany them on the test drive. If you feel the need, ask for the service manager to drive the car with you as a passenger. If there is a blatant problem it will be very hard to deny if it is happening in front of you.

In case you need help finding another dealer:

Bozard Ford-Lincoln
540 Outlet Mall Blvd
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
(904) 824-1641

Garber Ford, Inc.
3380 Highway 17
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
(855) 731-0895

AutoNation Ford Jacksonville
10720 Phillips Highway
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 292-3325

Beck Ford Lincoln
420 N. Palm Ave.
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 328-8881

AutoNation Ford Lincoln Orange Park
7700 Blanding Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32244
(904) 777-3673

Also, feel free to participate in any of the other discussions on here and in the forum. I noticed that every post that you have made to date has only been in this thread. There is a lot of other valuable information and some cool projects here at :SN:

Reactions: 1 user
In case you need help finding another dealer:

Bozard Ford-Lincoln
540 Outlet Mall Blvd
Saint Augustine, FL 32084
(904) 824-1641

Garber Ford, Inc.
3380 Highway 17
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
(855) 731-0895

AutoNation Ford Jacksonville
10720 Phillips Highway
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 292-3325

Beck Ford Lincoln
420 N. Palm Ave.
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 328-8881

AutoNation Ford Lincoln Orange Park
7700 Blanding Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32244
(904) 777-3673

Thanks for the helpful information 84Ttop!

I really do appreciate everyone's help with this! :) By sharing my terrible experience, I am really hoping to help other owners (please be careful when leaving your car at a dealership, body shop etc.). It's really sad experiences like mine occur, and I understand how others may have felt if it happened to them. I know by sharing my experience, it will help others. And that is the ultimate goal, to help others.

Update 4/4: 2 months, still working on getting it fixed and resolved. I want to thank everyone who has supported me by responding to my thread and viewing my Youtube videos. The more responses and views I get, the more support I have (please keep supporting). I have received a lot of great advice from all of you, my fellow car enthusiasts. Sharing my experience is about helping others avoid what has happened to me.

It's been a tough couple months for me (dozens of phone calls, hundreds of miles, dozens of hours to try to get it fixed). As I continue to work to get my car’s transmission fixed (and other car problems), please take caution when leaving your car at a dealership or auto repair shop. Please wish me luck, your support is always much appreciated. God bless.

Update 4/12: I plan to bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again (been several times). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so one would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge the transmission problem too in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I will post updates to help everyone (but will stop publicizing for now to help Ford). This ordeal has put me through heck, thanks for all your responses and support guys!

Okay, have you researched the lemon laws in your state? Contacted your state AG's office of consumer affairs? Written the letter to corporate notifying them of their final attempt to repair? Filed a complaint with the Chamber of Commerce and BBB?

This is your path of resolution, otherwise you're going to continue to beat your head against the wall.

In most states, a manufacturer is allowed 2 attempts to repair a vehicle. If the vehicle still has the same issue, you write the letter to corporate (usually available through your state AG's office). You also send a copy of the letter to the BBB, CofC, and directly to the dealeships owner / GM. All of these get sent by certified mail so there is no denial of them being received.

Once corporate has it they must assign the regional rep to engage you directly.

But, this is for you to research, it's really not a difficult process if you use the services available to you. Or don't.....keep bringing it in hoping they'll do something. Your choice.

Update 4/12: I plan to bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again (been several times). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so one would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge the transmission problem too in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I will post updates to help everyone (but will stop publicizing for now to help Ford). This ordeal has put me through heck, thanks for all your responses and support guys!
That's great, 15Mustang! Be sure to let them test drive it and try to diagnose it. You can also try to take a ride with the tech/service manager. This may also help.

Deysha

This would be funny except

1. It was for the customer care hotline at my local Ford Dealer
2. It summarizes this chap's experience with Ford

upload_2015-4-13_17-41-48.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, have you researched the lemon laws in your state? Contacted your state AG's office of consumer affairs? Written the letter to corporate notifying them of their final attempt to repair? Filed a complaint with the Chamber of Commerce and BBB?

This is your path of resolution, otherwise you're going to continue to beat your head against the wall.

In most states, a manufacturer is allowed 2 attempts to repair a vehicle. If the vehicle still has the same issue, you write the letter to corporate (usually available through your state AG's office). You also send a copy of the letter to the BBB, CofC, and directly to the dealeships owner / GM. All of these get sent by certified mail so there is no denial of them being received.

Once corporate has it they must assign the regional rep to engage you directly.

But, this is for you to research, it's really not a difficult process if you use the services available to you. Or don't.....keep bringing it in hoping they'll do something. Your choice.

Thanks for the great advice SilverS550!, seems like I have to use these avenues! And all I want to do is get my Brand New Mustang GT fixed.