My Cobra Finally Made MM&FF!!!

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
I finally made the magazine. Back at Fun Ford Weekend in Englishtown Jim C. stopped by my car a said he wanted to do a feature on it. I am so pumped. I just emailed him to see when the issue will be printing and he said that it hasn't been assigned yet but it should be soon. He originally wanted to do the car with a model (which I figured would be a good chance for a cover shot, but the next day when we did the shot the model never showed:shrug: )

I will post a pic but I am not very good at it, so I don't know what the best way to do it is, hopefully it will show up. I haven't posted in a while but I have been around checking up weekly, just reading not posting. Some of you may remember I posted pics of the car quite awhile back (maybe 2yrs) some liked it but many bashed it a little. I vowed I would never post my pics again, but here it is, I figured it was time again. I have changed alot of things since then and the car is about 300 times better looking and performing now. When I told Jim about the bashing I took on Stangnet he was puzzled and said, "well your car will be in the mag. now and most of theirs aren't, so that should send a statement."

So whether you like the car or not, I love it and I am totally jacked about this oppurtunity. I hope you like it! However please honestly let me know what you think, good or bad. I can take constructive critism.

MM&FF Cobra.jpg

Just click on pic for larger view!

• Sponsors (?)

congrats on the mag. I like it :nice: Dude i know how you feel I get bashed on about the color of mine all the time on here. If is a little out of the ordinary they consider it rice but somebody that spends thousands of dollars and gets along with everybody can have the most off the wall color and thier car in the coolest

Hey awesome
whats the specs on your cobra?

anyways my honest thoughts are i dont like the spoiler on the back, im more of a fan of tiny spoilers not big tall ones.
paint looks cool tho im not a fan of white either, but that flame on another color would be sweet

I dig it and dont see why you got flamed before. I think it all fits together nicely.

Congrats on making the mag!

awesome car, and congrats! as i said in another thread, that is the first cobra-r bumper that i've seen on the sn95 that matches the body lines of the door scoop--looks damn good imho. who made that bumper, cervinis? abc? all the others i've seen don't match up. did you have to modify it to fit the lines? great job.

MysteryMachine said:
congrats on the mag. I like it :nice: Dude i know how you feel I get bashed on about the color of mine all the time on here. If is a little out of the ordinary they consider it rice but somebody that spends thousands of dollars and gets along with everybody can have the most off the wall color and thier car in the coolest

:stupid: Exactly how I feel about this place sometimes although this place is better than other sites when it comes to this.
Or how about when someone comes here posting their car that is different from the rest and a person that is well known on the board comes along and critizes the car then everybody and their grandma gets and the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I remember your car from while back. I think you posted it in the off topic forum and I recall a lot of bashing eventhough I didn't think it was bad. It was just different from the ordinary. Hell, your name is on the title of the car, you can do whatever pleases you. I think you did well and look what you got in return!

I like the look, it was the look I was going for but they didn't offer the front bumper cover when i got mine done so i had to go with the Black Widow front.. And trust me i know exactly how you feel about getting bashed.. i posted my car and get every thing from "why do you have a park bench on the back" or "That thing is FUGLY"

reposting your pic, just bigger.
attachment.php

Congrats!!! That's a great accomplishment and you should be proud. This place has gotten more tolerable to non-stock bodied cars lately I think. I think a few years ago people went to the far extreme on the whole ricer thing and critisized anything that had something other than a GT or cobra front bumper cover, let alone a wing over 3", etc. As was said, its your car so do whatever you want with it. I think you did an outstanding job.

JFYI- "typically" magazine features take MONTHS and I mean MONTHS to come out. I don't know what MM&FF has lined up for the car, but just be prepared that it may take 6-8+ months before you'll see it in the magazine if not longer. The reason I tell you this is just so you don't get discouraged when it seems like an eternity has gone by before you see the car in print.

What are some specs on the car as in engine, tranny, rear, etc? What side and rear bumper are on the car? I like them both from what I can see. I'd have that bumper on my car if I didn't have a driveway from hell with a STEEP approach angle.

Congrats again, the feature looks to be well deserved from what I can see!

I don't understand how anyone could flame that thing, it looks incredible! There's nothing on that car that's out of place, in my opinion, and congratulations on the magazine exposure...it's a small group of guys with that bragging right, and I can only hope to be in your shoes someday

What's under the hood, meng?

I like the look, although if it were mine I think I would have gone all yellow.. I'm really liking that tint of yellow.
And the R wheels work well with everything.

Hope you have better luck with he feature then I did.. Mine was shot back in Aug 04, and still has not made it, lol.

We need to get pics of all the awesome cars on this section and send them in. Just to name a few, Mike (Oink), JR, Paul and even Aaron's car can be featured. I know I'm forgetting at least 2 but can't remember. Some cars on there need to be second in line when it comes to several cars on this web site.